Page 1 of 3
That's right, I got a new pedal for FREE. It's an MI audio crunch box, I did a short demo, it's in my profile.

Now, bask in the gloriousness that is me getting stuff for free.

I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Bastard. How'd you get it?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^^Hmm, that's odd

Shadow:

Nightraven: Thank ya!
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Mar 14, 2009,
How on earth are you people getting free gear? Let me in on the secret!
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
^^I wish I could remember but I've totally blanked, do you remember skier?
I get it.

Anyway, I just heard your clips - sounds sweet, and if I ever get my custom shop Jaguar built (i.e. never) I'm getting it in black with a blue pickguard. Seriously, that combo is badarse.

Nice to see more MI Audio love. Makes me feel all patriotic inside...
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
^^Kinda...

^Thanks, I was surprised to see they were from australia actually.
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Mar 14, 2009,
this is starting to be ALMOST as good as 311s thread.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
I was waiting for the shipping of a NPD for 2 weeks and it still isn't here
If something is nothing it must not be something in any possible way
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Hmmmm... I smell some sort of trade between Kevin and Skier...

Happy NPD to the both of you

i know.....but the weird thing is....he didnt even want any money to make up for the price difference between the two.

'twas a steal
I just got an EHX LPB for free too!

What is going on?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^Haha

Yeah, we traded temporarily so we could test each others pedals, it was a really cool idea.
they're meant to be very nice- never tried them, though. how'd you get it for free? EDIT oh i get it now.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Yeah, that is the sucky part. I'm tryin to snipe a CB off ebay, it's at 50 bucks (10 dollars shipping is extra) now and I'm hoping to make off with it for less than 70. Only 6 hours left so we'll see.
Nice Kevin.

So which works better for you with your Blues Jr.?

This is sure to spark a High Gain OD vs. Nice Distortion Pedal debate for low gain amps.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
They both do different things. I love VH and scorpions tones, obviously something the BJr can't do it self. So, I was looking for a medium to high gain OD with that british upper midrange presence they're known for. Well, the CB does it for me so I'm gonna try to get one cheap.

The FD2 to me just adds to your amps gain, especially in the comp cut and FM modes. I like what it does, but I need something that isn't transparent and could change the flavor of my OD.

If you listen to my demo I think I did a pretty job of getting a nice VH tone considering I'm using single coils into a blues jr. That thickening you hear halfway through is me turning the volume up on the amp.
Crunch box sounds nice I've been wanting one of these since I heard the pro guitar shop demo on youtube. What held me back is that they used a rather nice and an expensive amp for their demo a 65amp soho so I have never been too sure how much of the sound came from their amp. What pickup are in your strat by the way. I have 69s in my 60s classic player strat they lack mid range and are not that hot at all.
In the bridge I just put a duncan custom staggered ssl5, which is a somewhat hot pickup. In the middle and neck I have texas specials. The santana butchering I did towards the end was either the neck and middle with the tone rolled off and the neck and bridge with the tone rolled off.
Quote by Kevin Saale
If you listen to my demo I think I did a pretty job of getting a nice VH tone considering I'm using single coils into a blues jr. That thickening you hear halfway through is me turning the volume up on the amp.

I must agree that you pulled off a very convincing 80s rock tone, especially given the guitar and amp you were playing through.
Thank ya sir, I appreciate the comment.

Edit: I just read the disclaimer on the pamphlet that came with the crunch box

"Disclaimer
The owner or user assumes responsibility for death, injury and/or damages relating to the operation of this device. MI Audio assumes no responsibility for death, injury or damages relating from the operation of this device."

I need this pedal was destructive, but wowzers, I'm a little scared now
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Mar 15, 2009,
The texas specials should have a bit more mids than the 69s I believe. The ssl5 is interesting as well I remember on that glimourish website that they liked the ssl5 in the bridge with the 69s in the neck and middle. Sounds like you have a nice combination with the texas specials and the ssl5.
Thanks, I'm really digging the SSL5. I had a quarter pounder in there before. It was a bit honky and compressed sounding. The SSL 5 is cleared and flatter, though it's definitely more middy than a standard strat single.

I should note, they aren't real texas specials, but tex mex versions. I've played both and not detected a noticeable difference FWIW.
Cool idea about borrowing pedals.

Anyone have a Holier Grail that I can try out? Pick what ever you want, to try, out of my gear.
^Thanks, I'd hoped it would catch on.
I wish I could trade pedals for a short while. Curse you, Pacific Ocean.

Of course, I'd probably never give them back.

And Kevin, Mike Ibrahim (the MI in MI Audio) is legendary on the Australian guitar scene, as well as being one of the greatest guys you could ever deal with. I know a guy who has a full set of MI pedals with the Australian flag design which Mike got done for him at almost no extra cost. I've dealt with him once or twice (about whether a GI or Neo Fuzz is more suited to me) and while I didn't get either at the time, the next fuzz I get will be a GI Fuzz or a Frantone Peachfuzz.
Quote by Cathbard
nice clip. still sounded a little single-coily on the single notes (not that there's much you can do about that), but on the chords it sounded very van-haleny
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^Yeah, that's hard to overcome. Luckily I like the tone as is, so it's no worry. I fooled around with the inner presence control and turning it up really made the pedal more usable, got rid of the blatty farty sounds that more extreme settings could produce.
sweet. the only thing that i don't like about a lot of distortion pedals is that they're really trebly. I've got an HBE big D, which is really nice, but it struggles with a bit too much treble too. i guess it's to simulate that marshally trebly tone, but to me it's too much, as most people dial in their cleans pretty trebly too...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I love treble so it's a non issue. This pedal seems to focus on the upper mids. It's actually a fairly dark pedal IMO, I have the presence turned up and the tone knob turned up. Like I said though, love treble.
Quote by Kevin Saale
I love treble so it's a non issue. This pedal seems to focus on the upper mids. It's actually a fairly dark pedal IMO, I have the presence turned up and the tone knob turned up. Like I said though, love treble.

what have you done to mah settings!

I effed em all up, ya better believe it!
Page 1 of 3