Hey guys
I am comtemplating buying one of these, for the use of headphones, because when I practise, most of the time it has to be at low volumes in my room (it also geting very humid in my room with the door closed, which is anotehr downside). So I was thinking I should get one of these, and a pair of digital studio headphones, which will give me alot more options for practising. But, should I get the phones and the pedal, or just get the headphones and put them in the amp? The pedal I'm looking at is the rp-150. Which will sound better?

Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Last edited by splamron at Mar 14, 2009,
What kind of amp do you have? And what kind of budget do you have? There are better multi effects than the RP series.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
My amp is a roland cube 20x. Budget is maximum $200, but that won't go as far as I am in Australia.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

If you are just looking for something to use headphones with, then the RPs will do. They are far from being the best mulit-effects though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
^what are the ones that are far better?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

Pretty much every other decent multi-fx tbh. Even the cheap Boss and Line6 ones.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
can you give me some names please?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

For almost the same price, a Line6 Pocket Pod will sound a lot better.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Pocket-POD-Guitar-Effects-Processor?sku=151065

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ok thanks, I appreciate it
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

I'd take the advice here with a grain of salt and try to test them yourself in the local shop. I've had good experience with Digitech. If you are happy with the sounds in your amp then why not just use it?