OK, so i know the pit has quite a few "what should i do?" threads, but i think you guys will appreciate this one.

so, not too long ago, my high school had our annual multi-cultural assembly, where we perform talents from our heritages and cultures. it was all goin well, with some cool performers, when this freshman (who's actual name is Steele) comes on stage with a shiny new gibson les paul and a line 6 half-stack. i didn't expect much, but i got much less. he called his act "the history of rock", and started of playing the intro to thunderstruck (not well, many mistakes and inconsistent tempo), and then plays the intro to crazy train (again, badly), and played other over-played intros, and the crowd went wild. my friend and i were a bit pissed off at this guy for a) having expensive gear and being an inexperienced player, b) thinking he was good enough to perform for 1000 people, and c) playing rock intros at what should have been, as our school puts it "a cultural embrace"

i decided to let it go for a while, but recently, a buddy of mine gave this guy a flier for my giving guitar lessons, and said i "thought he needed them" (i didn't say it, but i thought it), and this guy got pissed off! he came at me like "what the hell", and i tried to get him to chill out, but he wouldn't expressing a need to "settle this". I suggested a guitar battle, which seemed like a fair and legal way of putting him to shame. he's hell-bent on fighting me, which is stupid, cuz i'm 9 inches taller, and much stronger.

you guys think i should fight him? im thinking i should persist for a public guitar battle, but he doesn't want to do this. i'm thinkin this guy is not gonna let me breath if i don't get violent, but i still feel a guitar battle is far more relevant.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Guitar Battle, but then for the hell of it after ask him to fight just so you can punish him more.
That guy sounds mental. He's probably just being a douche for attention cuz he knows he ain't gonna get none as a guitarist.

Was his line6 halfstack a Spider?
proof that you actually are better than him at playing guitar, play a kickass concert...

Favorite solos:

Comfortably Numb
Since I've Been Loving you
Wicked World
Mr. Crowley
Welcome To BucketheadLand
Perfect Crime
Lazy
Nightrain
The Lemon Song
Take the back off his amp and have a poo in there.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Kick his ass, seabass
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
guitar battle. that would be EPIC. just hope you're better than him
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
/ignore that stupid midget, cant be a bitch for something thats a clear fact: that hes just a kid with Way too expensive stuff that sucks. its becoming a stereotype im affraid. (allthough if he really thinks hes so great you could do a live guitar battle at the next school thing and totally shred his ass of with tapping, which is really weak but the audience wont know :P )
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
hey, he had the guts to get up on stage and do something, he probably new deep down wouldnt be respected by any of the musicians in your school. but he did it anyway.

then after his performance he get a flyer from you offering guitar lessons....
you just told him that he sucked. hell, i want to beat you up....
Quote by SlicedBread
hey, he had the guts to get up on stage and do something, he probably new deep down wouldnt be respected by any of the musicians in your school. but he did it anyway.

then after his performance he get a flyer from you offering guitar lessons....
you just told him that he sucked. hell, i want to beat you up....

first, of all, i wanted to show him respect, and im not the one who gave him a flier. second, its not like i don't perform, im a constant performer, so don't think i don't have the guts to get up on stage.
Quote by AA00P
Guitar battle, i know what you mean, i hate it when people that are inexperienced either have a) have more gear than me, even though i know they never send the other one to drop c or something

b) think theyre better than me cause they can play this and that song, HELLO! i can improvise! eat that.

c) think theyre better than me cause they can 'set up' a guitar even though hes scared ****less to the touch the truss rod.

so yeah theres my rant.

but srsly if you can beat him up easily, thats a sign you dont need to fight. just guitar battle.
SATCH FTW!!!
NSW Group FTW!

There's nothing incredibly interesting here.
Quote by guitarsftw
first, of all, i wanted to show him respect, and im not the one who gave him a flier. second, its not like i don't perform, im a constant performer, so don't think i don't have the guts to get up on stage.

didn't say you don't perform....

and you should just leave it >_>
you just want someone to embarrass for the sake of your own ego
Quote by SlicedBread
didn't say you don't perform....

and you should just leave it >_>
you just want someone to embarrass for the sake of your own ego

i just want him to shut up, i don't care if he gets embarrassed
Quote by AA00P
do the guitar battle and when he loses punch him in his face.
Last edited by loganleunidus at Mar 14, 2009,
Quote by imdeth
Start a gay relationship with him. Then you can teach him how to play guitar.

i smell a sitcom plot!
Quote by AA00P
Quote by ozy!d!ot
Guitar battle, i know what you mean, i hate it when people that are inexperienced either have a) have more gear than me, even though i know they never send the other one to drop c or something

b) think theyre better than me cause they can play this and that song, HELLO! i can improvise! eat that.

c) think theyre better than me cause they can 'set up' a guitar even though hes scared ****less to the touch the truss rod.

so yeah theres my rant.

but srsly if you can beat him up easily, thats a sign you dont need to fight. just guitar battle.

The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
ignore?
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by guitarsftw
OK, so i know the pit has quite a few "what should i do?" threads, but i think you guys will appreciate this one.

so, not too long ago, my high school had our annual multi-cultural assembly, where we perform talents from our heritages and cultures. it was all goin well, with some cool performers, when this freshman (who's actual name is Steele) comes on stage with a shiny new gibson les paul and a line 6 half-stack. i didn't expect much, but i got much less. he called his act "the history of rock", and started of playing the intro to thunderstruck (not well, many mistakes and inconsistent tempo), and then plays the intro to crazy train (again, badly), and played other over-played intros, and the crowd went wild. my friend and i were a bit pissed off at this guy for a) having expensive gear and being an inexperienced player, b) thinking he was good enough to perform for 1000 people, and c) playing rock intros at what should have been, as our school puts it "a cultural embrace"

i decided to let it go for a while, but recently, a buddy of mine gave this guy a flier for my giving guitar lessons, and said i "thought he needed them" (i didn't say it, but i thought it), and this guy got pissed off! he came at me like "what the hell", and i tried to get him to chill out, but he wouldn't expressing a need to "settle this". I suggested a guitar battle, which seemed like a fair and legal way of putting him to shame. he's hell-bent on fighting me, which is stupid, cuz i'm 9 inches taller, and much stronger.

you guys think i should fight him? im thinking i should persist for a public guitar battle, but he doesn't want to do this. i'm thinkin this guy is not gonna let me breath if i don't get violent, but i still feel a guitar battle is far more relevant.
kick his ass where it matters. take "clear" nailpolish, and paint the insides of the cable port of his amp., he wont see the polish, nor will he be able to hear his guitar. and if all goes right, you can buy the amp from him at a fraction of what he paid for it. and right there is yous last laugh!