so i just got a large cheque for my tax rebate and i want a multi effects processor with the most tonal applications. I really need something that is a little less metal'y and more tube'y, i really like the warm sound of tube amps but i live in an apartment with 2 other guys and a real tube amp really isnt an option..... so i come to my question. Boss gt-10 or pod 3live xt, the live i would prefer because the amp modeling options are < the boss but im afraid it wont do what it says because the spider 3's sound is so very digital. Halp?
~Defiant~
the pod is way tubier than a spider, higher quality all the way
however, against the boss, its a tough call, see if you can try them out and compare them
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
id like to but the place i have to buy it from doesnt let you try out pedals which is bs but meh.....
~Defiant~
Are you talking about the POD X3 or POD XT? Cause there's a pretty large difference.

Either way, I'd rather have the POD
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
the x3 i think the newer one, and even over the looping part of the boss gt-10?
~Defiant~
I didn't even know the GT-10 had a looper, but IMO the POD is easier to use and sounds better
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
sweet, looping isnt terribly important to me im more about the sound quality, any other suggestions before i pull the trigger?
~Defiant~
Check out my band page in my sig. The boss GT-8 was used for distortion on some of the recordings. I can't remember which songs unfortunately, but hey Maybe it can give you a better idea of the Boss GT-10 sound in a mix.
WTLTL 2011
ooh man.... that sounds really good DAMN now im torn again
~Defiant~
I don't know, we've gotten good results with the Boss...but I think the POD has more versatility and applications. I'd go with that myself.
WTLTL 2011
Pod X3. Best thing you can get unless you take out the big bugs and buy a vetta or a axe-fx. Meshuggah used to record and play live with Pod on some records. Then they used Vetta IIs (Pod X3 is pretty close soundwise) and now Axe-FX. So I say Pod X3.

I also got a short recording one my profil. (called Riff A) I thing it sound pretty damn good and tube-ish.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Last edited by helsinki_vampir at Mar 14, 2009,
My vote goes for the X3 Live. Another thing to consider when buying multi fx units are the output options (amp/monitor/speaker/headphones/PA). Boss multi fx are known for needing an amp to get the best sound (JC-120 is a standard).
I am alo looking at both units, now leaning toward the Pod x3 live
i have the pod x3 live, had the same problem as you back during thanksgiving, the boss will definitely take you awhile to get used to, and even then it comes out somewhat the same as the x3 live. sound wise they are both very respectful