So, my band has decided to finally buy the start of a PA System. We are all in high school and couldn't really afford anything real expensive. After much research we decided on getting one of these:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-EUROLIVE-B215A-Active-2Way-Loudspeaker?sku=600734

Now here comes the problems:

My drummer is probably the loudest one on earth. His hits are the hardest I've ever heard from any drummer. He goes through snare heads like I go through guitar strings. Trying this PA out at the store it was incredibly loud. But now in the basement it doesnt seem as loud with just vocals. My question is; Would buying a small mixing board help? Due to the fact I can add more gain to the mic signal? Or would this be pointless?

Part number two;

Where would be the best place to put this thing to hear it the most? I drew a beautiful map of the basement for you guys to see how we normally set up.

Do you have any ideas on how we can set up better in order to hear everyone better? The only reason we have them turned towards the drummer is because we only have crappy SS amps at this point (I'll be turning over to tube soon, but not soon enough) and with them pointed away from the drummer we have to turn them up so loud for him to hear them and they clip and sound like crap. We can pretty much move anything around, including the varies couches and what not.

Suggestions?

Thanks for helping me out!
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Mount the PA above everyone, and get a mixer and some monitors. If that doesn't work, tell your drummer to play softer. If that doesn't work, buy a electronic drumset.
shouldn't you put everything in line with the drummer, and then stand next to the couches and have like all the sound to go in the same direction. According to the map you've drawn here, it seems like all the sound is aiming towards the drummer, which can be pretty unappreaciated amongst some drummers. I mean, it doesn't usually look like that on stage for example. As I said - have everything in line and then have the sound aimed forward (towards the couches)
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
we dont really have the money to buy anything more for the PA system at this point. Maybe in a few months but not right now. I'm trying to make the best of this.

The basement is so open, I think that maybe one of our problems, plus the walls are just flat concrete.

would setting up like we would live help? Then put the PA system behind the drummer on a stand above his set?
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme