I'm looking to buy a neck for a project that I got and to buy one routed for a locking nut is going to cost considerably more than I want to spend. I've search the forum and the internet and can't find anything, but has anyone ever routed and installed a locking nut for a Floyd Rose on a standard neck for lets say a Squier guitar. I'm doing a budget build and I can get a Squier neck for around $40, or one with a locking nut for $110. Quality isn't big with me because I rather like Squier necks.

I've seen a few guitars where they bolt the locking nut on the neck just after the original nut so they have both nuts (haha) on the neck and to me, that looks tacky. So any help or guide is appreciated.
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
Well, I have an Ibanez-style neck with the floyd rose shelf on it and i'd sell it for $40 plus shipping (PM if you're interested)

Besides that shameless attempt to sell, ebay has some nice ones, but you really need to be careful bidding. That's how I wound up with two necks for one build.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
Well, I have an Ibanez-style neck with the floyd rose shelf on it and i'd sell it for $40 plus shipping (PM if you're interested)

Besides that shameless attempt to sell, ebay has some nice ones, but you really need to be careful bidding. That's how I wound up with two necks for one build.

Thank you for the offer, but It needs to have the Fender shape to the headstock even thought I love Ibanez necks. Just for the record though, is it dot inlays or shark tooth?
Gear:
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
shark fin and I agree totally. It wouldn't be the same guitar without the headstock shape. The other one i won has a reverse PRS shape to it, so it has to go on a classy looking guitar.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
shark fin and I agree totally. It wouldn't be the same guitar without the headstock shape. The other one i won has a reverse PRS shape to it, so it has to go on a classy looking guitar.

I PM'd you.
Gear:
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13