Ok so today i went down to my local best buy and i knoticed that they hada music store inside. Well i went in and i grabbed a guitar and the sales man gave me an additude and said "ask me if you want to grab another one ok". after that i tried out a bogner alchemist (did not like the bass response on it) and the guy was like, "HEY THATS A TUBE AM YOU TURN THAT ON IN A SPECIAL WAY!" with an emphasis on the word special. I was yeah i know its still warmin up on standby. This place is like a reverse guitar center instead of being too open and letting you play everything they restrict you too much. any one have any other experiences there.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Its fuking best buy, what do you expect.
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Not to sound like a prick, but it is Best Buy. Their main purpose is the sale of electronics, haha.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Well, unless you're playing guitar by thrashing your dick around the strings I see no application of guitar technique to sex.

My band, Two Days In February
Well thats what you get for going to best buy to check out guitars. Hahaha, good story though. I'd woulda asked him to show me what the guitar gods blessed him with.
yea, i saw one in the one near where i live. didn't bother to go over though. i had just come from the guitar center right across the street
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
it was a nice store, i saved around 20$ on my new amp from them .

you just gotta know the protocol around there
Quote by soXlittleXtimeX
^
shanchett, you get an E for Effort

Quote by CodChick

ROFLLOBSTER
Quote by ASITHOS
Not to sound like a prick, but it is Best Buy. Their main purpose is the sale of electronics, haha.

Guitars have a lot of electronics in them. They should learn about them.
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Well thats what you get for going to best buy to check out guitars. Hahaha, good story though. I'd woulda asked him to show me what the guitar gods blessed him with.

Should have done that, but i havent played since today for like a month im a bit rusty and didnt wanna seem like a show off or failure.
I didnt go there to check out guitars, it was just there i never knoticed it.
Quote by shanchett99
it was a nice store, i saved around 20$ on my new amp from them .

you just gotta know the protocol around there

Do they haggle?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Last edited by edge11 at Mar 14, 2009,
Quote by FlyingPirahna

haha, this.
Quote by FlyingPirahna

Haha, they should, but they won't.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Well, unless you're playing guitar by thrashing your dick around the strings I see no application of guitar technique to sex.

My band, Two Days In February
The best buy near my school has a whole music store too. It's not like other ones where it's an aisle of Squires. They have real guitars and amps. I stumbled upon it last week and they had a Jay Mascis Signature Jazzmaster! I played it through a Deluxe Reverb. At Best Buy! What the **** is going on?

Here's the fun part. They jack up the prices like nobody's bussiness. They were a 72 Deluxe Tele for about $200 more than Guitar Center sells it for.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by civildp1
The best buy near my school has a whole music store too. It's not like other ones where it's an aisle of Squires. They have real guitars and amps. I stumbled upon it last week and they had a Jay Mascis Signature Jazzmaster! I played it through a Deluxe Reverb. At Best Buy! What the **** is going on?

Here's the fun part. They jack up the prices like nobody's bussiness. They were a 72 Deluxe Tele for about $200 more than Guitar Center sells it for.

HAHAHAHA you they were selling two gt preamp tubes for 50-99 dollars, its crazy.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Holy ****, the pedals are WAY too expensive on there. ****in crazy.

The on i went to had normal priced pedals but expensive ass amp. A JVM head for 2000$ come on!
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Well recently after xmas I went into my local Best Buy with a gift card and the intent of buying the Korg Pitchblack tuner. The sales person tried to convince me to buy the Boss Tu-2 until I informed him of the boss tuner being less accurate than the Korg tuner. I then purchased the Pitchblack and went about my day...
Gear:

Carvin Cobalt-350
LTD Alexi-600
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Line 6 Spider III 15
Boss DD-20
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
Boss FZ-5
Dunlop Slash Wah
Last edited by m_Soares at Mar 14, 2009,
Quote by \m/Angus\m/

I think the Best Buy stores actually have to hire people who actually play the instruments they sell (not saying that they are any good, of course )
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Last edited by talia. at Mar 20, 2009,
Quote by talia.
I think the Best Buy stores actually have to hire people who actually play the instruments they sell (not saying that they are any good, of course )

I doubt that man.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
My best buy doesn't have a music store inside, but the one a city next to me has one.
It is kinda cool. There are only one or two people failing at sweet child o mine, rather than 8-12 people playing it at once.
The best place to get things is ma and pa music shops cause they usually love music as much as the customers. They dont press too much. Best Buy? That like going to walmart for a guitar.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Last edited by Blackwaterson89 at Mar 20, 2009,
I just ask for the guitar (I'm paranoid of droping them anyway) and choose an amp. Last time I played a good 15 minutes of random lead on a Peavey Vypyr with an Octaver on. Must say I don't mind the place, and I don't have a guitar center here either.
I hate guitar stores with a passion
You can't just go in and look around without feeling like everyone is staring at you
Quote by Sir Anonymous
I'd call you a crazy Brit, but your username seems to quite assure your sanity.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Epic username of pure epicness

To: Jesus=ConArtist
What exactly is wrong with Guitar Center? I am from Canada, so as far as I know, we don't have them.
Quote by slayer1516
What exactly is wrong with Guitar Center? I am from Canada, so as far as I know, we don't have them.

I like guitar center. They have a good selection, are willing to haggle despite what the pit often says, and I've never been hastled about playing too long or loud or pushed towards buying something I didn't want.
The only bad thing about my Best Buy is the thousands of employees asking

"Hey, you got everything you needed?"
"Find everything okay?"
"Good?"
"Hey, you need help?"
"Can I help you with something?"

MC name = Bearrorism
bb has without a doubt the worst ****ing guitars i have ever had the misfortune of laying my hands on. for gods sake who has ever heard of fender starcaster. trying to play that tragedy of an instrument made me want to rip off my calluses and light myself on fire. do yourself a favor and don't buy any instrument from bb unless its supposed to be a gag gift and even then you might as well get a squier.
Wow,I had better experience at my local BB music store.I asked to play some of their expensive guitars and they didn't ask "Are you going to buy it?" like they do at GC or Samash.I would go more often but its kind of far from me.The workers were very cool and they knew their stuff.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Best Buy has a bitchin hannah montana guitar, I rocked out on it.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
Tube amps at best buy? All they have at the one near me is a plywood guitar and bass.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by reallywantagibs
bb has without a doubt the worst ****ing guitars i have ever had the misfortune of laying my hands on. for gods sake who has ever heard of fender starcaster. trying to play that tragedy of an instrument made me want to rip off my calluses and light myself on fire. do yourself a favor and don't buy any instrument from bb unless its supposed to be a gag gift and even then you might as well get a squier.

Maybe check the website first. We know Starcasters suck. Not all Best Buys have these music sections. Yours clearly doesnt. The stores that DO have this section have Fenders, Martins, Gibsons, etc

Their Fender prices are jacked up I think because Fender IS going to be upping prices. I think BB is just ahead on this and GC is waiting to sell out their inventory of the normal priced ones
Quote by Monolith295
Tube amps at best buy? All they have at the one near me is a plywood guitar and bass.

Mine had all tube amps, thing was they treated you like as if you had never operated one if you tried one out?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
Quote by ScottElwood
Best Buy has a bitchin hannah montana guitar, I rocked out on it.

I lol'd.

EDIT: Hard.