Yeah im thinking about buying a new guitar because my epi les paul standard has been getting alot of problems lately and its not worth paying to get fixed. I just want to know what one is better in your opinion the Shecter C-1 Classic or The Gibson Vintage Studio. Btw I play alot of music such as Blink-182 and write stuff that sounds like that (in a band) so basically punk music but also classic rock . I heard that the gibson is great for all styles and the shecter is great for metal/ distortion type things. So yeah just tell me what you think

Shecter:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/reviews?base_pid=513072&page=1&sc=date&so=desc

Gibson:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Vintage-Mahogany-Electric-Guitar?sku=517536
Last edited by stevo9720 at Mar 14, 2009,
that schecter is freaking sexy. i'd get that, the neck will take gettign used to from what you have now and mite not feeling perfect at first (or it will, depends) but it's a good guitar. i'd say it's the better of the two
I would choose the Schecter. It can do more than just distorted stuff. Pretty versatile thanks to the Duncan Jb and Jazz. I would highly suggest playing both guitars before you buy it though. I've played both and the neck on the Schecter was nice, but the neck on the Gibson wasn't too smooth..
Quote by Kanthras
Awww, that tiny wittle head looks adorable on that cab..

*Krank amp turns on*

AAAAAUUGHHH TEH CRUSHING OVERDRIVE aSDJKANHFUILGN
Last edited by Generak777 at Mar 14, 2009,
i heard the neck wasnt too smooth, i tried it but not long enough and Gc's guitars are never set up. They don't have the sehcter at the guitar center, is there a way i can ask them to order it to the store just to try it out?
I dont think so.. You'll probably have to wait until they get them back in stock. You could always ask if it's in stock the next time you hit GC.
Quote by Kanthras

*Krank amp turns on*

Having played both. I'd take the Gibson. The natural finish on the neck feels great after you've played on it for a few minutes; that and the burstbuckers are better pickups than Gibson put in most of their other guitars.
I would go with the Gibson but thats because I love Gibson
But go to a store try them both out and get the one that YOU feel will better suit your style
Quote by Rhoads_1096
I would go with the Gibson but thats because I love Gibson
But go to a store try them both out and get the one that YOU feel will better suit your style

+1^^ Be sure to try out different styles of music, try all of the pickup positions, and mess with the volume and tone knobs as well. I believe the pickup switch on the Schecter is a 5-way switch. It goes (From bridge pickup, to neck pickup) bridge, coil-tapped bridge, both pickups, coil-tapped neck, and neck.
Quote by Kanthras

*Krank amp turns on*

grestch jet, great for classic rock ,and punk

loads of ppl think gretsch are good for only country but they're actually extremely ,suittable for rock and punk.etc

i also think that blink182's guitarist uses a gretsch