Hey I live out in the cetnral valley of California and I really want to get into larping. For those that dont know what larping is it stands for: Live Action Role Playing. Basically you have a mock war with fake swords and beat the **** out of each other lol. So if any one knows of any groups out hear or reasonably close by that larp, pease tell me!

thanks in advanced
Larping.. say it out loud.. oh my god new concepts of fun..
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
That sounds pretty fun.
Although you're going to get disparaging looks from people who think you look like 5 year olds.

And what are you still doing up el_ECTRO? You should be in bed at this time young lady.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
The Lorien Trust, I belive, is the main organisation for this in Britain but no idea what it is in Cali. Sorry.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
...*twitch*
I'd just like to say I fall into the 5% of us on this site who aren't metalheads.

I am UG's resident Communist.
Quote by BlackLuster
That sounds pretty fun.
Although you're going to get disparaging looks from people who think you look like 5 year olds.

And what are you still doing up el_ECTRO? You should be in bed at this time young lady.

Sorry uncle blackluster
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

Quote by el-ECTRO
Sorry uncle blackluster

Damn right, it's like 2am!
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Yeah I saw the movie and that is what convinced me that I need to do this......don't judge
hee hee. larp
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by drunkinkoala
So have you already given up your social life or do you plan to in the near future?

Dude, were both in the pit. What social life?
Quote by drunkinkoala
So have you already given up your social life or do you plan to in the near future?

I think he's planning on never loosing his virginity
Quote by Baldorr

I have a social life. Even though I go on the pit daily I have tonnes of time to hang out with my mates. Today was my party in fact.

Larping sounds fun, though it could definitely use a different name....
Quote by el-ECTRO
I have a social life. Even though I go on the pit daily I have tonnes of time to hang out with my mates. Today was my party in fact.

So you have a life?
I guess I'm doin it wrong

Damnit! I just wanna fking LARP! Tell me where the nearest convention/battle/raid/group of losers that share the same intrest as me are and you wont have to worry about me any more!
Quote by Baldorr

Internet forums =/= no social life.
Quote by Baldorr
So you have a life?
I guess I'm doin it wrong

Damnit! I just wanna fking LARP! Tell me where the nearest convention/battle/raid/group of losers that share the same intrest as me are and you wont have to worry about me any more!

.....runescape?

Gear

Jarrett Custom Les Paul
Epiphone Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore AS73
I watched Role Models, and thought that it would be incredibly fun to try at least once in my life.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I have to believe there are regional forums/chats dedicated to it. A guitar forum probably isn't the first place to look.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Garou1911
I have to believe there are regional forums/chats dedicated to it. A guitar forum probably isn't the first place to look.

Yeah but I couldnt find any in my area so i was hoping maybe somone could point me in the right direction.
Quote by Baldorr
I will never stoop that low.

If your wanting to LARP your already lower.....
Gear

Jarrett Custom Les Paul
Epiphone Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore AS73
i wouldt mind doing it once in my life...
but regularily?
like in role models?

not for me.
Try getting on a general LARP forum/chat and move on from there. Seriously, I doubt you're going to get any remotely valid info here.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Isn't this on 'Role Models'? I swear the last scene is made up of kids LARPing whilst dressed as KISS members.
Quote by drunkinkoala
Internet forums =/= no social life.

Yeah, you can make that argument, but it doesn't mean you have one.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Google Amtgard. Find a chapter in your area. Go.

It's fun, it's a lot less lame than it sounds. At least around here, there are a lot of girls who play too.
Quote by brandon369852
Then you are officially the worst Ug'er here.
Just dress up in your LARP clothes and walk on your high school/college campus. Someone will know what's up.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by Trigun472
Google Amtgard. Find a chapter in your area. Go.

It's fun, it's a lot less lame than it sounds. At least around here, there are a lot of girls who play too.

There's no way they're attractive.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Once a year my friends hold LARPfest at a local park and it's pretty fun. We normally just play a few capture the flag type games while beating the shit out of each other.
Quote by Baldorr
Hey I live out in the cetnral valley of California and I really want to get into larping. For those that dont know what larping is it stands for: Live Action Role Playing. Basically you have a mock war with fake swords and beat the **** out of each other lol. So if any one knows of any groups out hear or reasonably close by that larp, pease tell me!

thanks in advanced

the SCA is pretty widespread. they have some very cool large-scale stuff.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑