New. Most relic'ed guitars look bad to me...
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
New looking
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Relics are awesome, but only if they're legitimately beat up.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman

This.
I don't really care about the looks. But the Fender Roadworn series and CS Relics are fantastic guitars. I tried a reliced ESP Eclipse yesterday, it was great as well.
Worn is good but only if it's been genuinely worn from heavy use over the years. Fake relicing never looks natural.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Worn is good but only if it's been genuinely worn from heavy use over the years. Fake relicing never looks natural.

Yeah, agreed. Except the guy who makes revelator guitars. Those legit look vintage.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
I love fender custom shop time machine and closet strats.

But proper ruined ones, with large dents and wear marks unless it is naturally is a bit poo poo.
It depends on the kind of guitar. Some guitars look dumb new, like a Strat, but some look bad relic'd, like a Hellraiser.

LPs can do both, somehow.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by Kartman

Indeed. Buying a guitar made to look beat-up is about the dumbest concept since tribal graphics.
Quote by pataldo
I prefer to destroy my guitars myself. Rather than get someone else to do it.

This.

I enjoy breaking in a new guitar.
Quote by Metallicaxp
This.

I enjoy breaking in a new guitar.

lmao I read "I enjoy breaking a new guitar".
I like legitimate relic, though Fender Road-Worn looks pretty cool (albeit overpriced)
New. I keep my guitars in as good a condition as I can, and would rather buy a guitar with a nice finish than a relic guitar. That being said, it doesn't bother me too too much if my own guitar gets scratches and scuffs. It happens, nothing you can do about it.
I like self-relicing. older looking new guitars are my fancy for buying when it comes to looks. such as faded/natural finishes and sunbursts.
not sure..what if you have to decide between a relic'ed guitar and one with poly finish? Let's assume both play and sound great..

Personally, i have yet to try a relic..but if they play and sound as good as the others, i wouldn't dismiss it because "it feels fake"..if the job is good enough, i'd buy it.
--F-F-T-S---
--EbOla----
---name pending?--

Quote by PlayMadness
No. Everybody dies. And one day, given that your relationship doesn't crash and burn like so many do, one of you will end up deep in sorrow while watching the other one die.

the only reliced guitar I saw that I ever like (that was done on purpose in a shop) was Fenders Joe Strummer sig. Other than that I like my new guitars to be new looking (until they get beat up by me).
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Legit relic. I like especially if I am the one to put every little scratch and dent in it. I buy them looking like new and then over time I let the crap get beaten out of them. And when the crap is gone it is just beauty.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
just depends, on strat shaped guitars like most Ibanez i like the relic look.....but on new age guitars like BC Rich, Dean and Schecter i like the new look on them.
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell