I ordered a Rockfield Mafia Pickup to install into my old old Explorer Diamond by Aria. The original pickups on it have a wire that splits into a white wire and a ground wire. The white wire just goes into the volume pot. I can't find any information on the guitar, probably because it's so old.
The Mafia pickup splits off into 5 different wires. A red, white, green, black, and ground. The only wiring diagram I could find was on the Rockfield website, which shows the colored wires with either "Start" or "End" next to it.
Can someone please explain to me what's going on, and how I can install the Mafia into my guitar?
Also, the guitar only has one volume pot and one tone pot. The BC Rich guitars that have the Mafia pickups have two volume pots and one tone knob. Is that why there are four wires in the pickup?
sounds like the rockfields have the same wire setup as duncans so you could just go to the seymour duncan site and check out the wiring diagrams there.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
sounds like the rockfields have the same wire setup as duncans so you could just go to the seymour duncan site and check out the wiring diagrams there.

Thank you that helps tremendously. But, the color codeing is different than the Rockfield's. I don't want to get some of the wires backwards, plug the guitar in, and electrocute myself though.
red & white - solder together and tape off, those are for coil splitting/etc.
green and bare - ground to pot casing
black to switch lug
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.