Ok so i have decided im going to make my squire strat amazing with a nu finish and hardware. i have the original paint off and the body sanded down to 220. i'm going to have a friend of mine do a small design on the bottom part of the guitar and im going to leave an oval around that area of just wood showing through with a solid or metalic finish everywhere else... now i understand the whole idea behind acetone-prime-sand-guide coat-sand-fill-prime-sand-paint-sand(if not metallic)-clear-buff-smiles BUT if i just do all that around this oval there is going to major buildup am i just gonna have to clear over that and sand and clear until the clear comes up to level with the paint every where else or what? ive looked and all ive found is instructions on solid colors/burst etc... is what i want to do possible?
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
actually, it seems possilbe

put something inn the non metallic part, like ur name or a sticker
Quote by SnooBag101
too many words.... mental breakdown

sorry i tried to be as concise as possible... guess i failed in that area... still need help if you can!
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2

Quote by SnooBag101
actually, it seems possilbe

put something inn the non metallic part, like ur name or a sticker

its not a matter of what im putting in the non metallic part its a matter of how i bring the clear from wood up to the clear on the paint and level everything out so it looks good.
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2

Quote by Sieves
its not a matter of what im putting in the non metallic part its a matter of how i bring the clear from wood up to the clear on the paint and level everything out so it looks good.

i dont think it will be perfect, but if you wait until the metallica stuff is dryed out and then put on the clear stuff, it should do fine and not mix

PS try to get the most colorless transparent kind you can, wood colored lacquer(or whatever its called) gets very dark when it is thick
hmm ima give it a try. hope it all works out right. if it turns out good ill see about getting some pics going on. if not then im just going to hide...
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2