Page 1 of 2
Here are 2 clips I just recorded. Please let me know what you think. Been playing for 2 years. Also where can I get info on shredding contests. Do they ususally have age requirements I'm 13.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7425897

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7416968

TIRED OF SMELLING LIKE BS, SO HERES SOME VIDEO RATHER THAN MP3S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW1NIEGrzWc&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF4O5JUQ88I&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqBg3X0Oh4c&feature=channel_page
Last edited by jimdandy777 at Mar 18, 2009,
Holy Crap! That was great! I hope people know some sites, and I'm almost positive there is age requirements. Good luck, though you might not need much.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
the shreddy one was nice but for contests i would say throw in some more stuff than just sweeps.

But no doubt you would anyway your good kid.

Umm dunno about age requirements maybe skill level.
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
How old are you? :O
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by jimdandy777
Here are 2 clips I just recorded. Please let me know what you think. Been playing for 2 years. Also where can I get info on shredding contests. Do they ususally have age requirements I'm 13.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7425897

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7416968

dude the technical difficulties was awesoem!! hey right now im 14 years old, but i have a recording of me playing technical difficulties when i was 13!! its a video

please check it out dude: (Btw there are 2 parts cuz my internet sucks)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjKoHJXWQlY&feature=channel_page
That was great how long have you been playing
Edit: Didn't read the damn thing
Last edited by Rhoads_1096 at Mar 15, 2009,
Quote by jimdandy777
I'm 13 and been playing for 2 years. How about yourself?

Yeah, I smell BS. I seriously doubt what you're saying.
Quote by ShestShestShest
damn your technical difficulties was poor

but the other two were awesome

I'll have to redo the Technical Difficulties. Got the Vai backing track from his new release Naked Tracks.
How many hours a day do you practice?
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
Quote by RyanDV
How many hours a day do you practice?

Usually around 4 hours a day during the week and 8 to 10 a day on the weekends
i dont understand how its possible to do all those licks in only your 2nd year if playing

i feel like selling all my gear?

sweet tunes bro
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
excellent technique, but really there was barely any musicality in the one i listened to (sea of lies i think it was). all you did was simple arpeggios really fast, nothing creative at all
Last edited by ironman1478 at Mar 16, 2009,
Quote by ironman1478
good technique, but really there was barely any musicality in the one i listened to (sea of lies i think it was). all you did was simple arpeggios really fast, nothing creative at all

It's actually a tapped lick I was learning. Heres a clip a of a real pro playing it.

That lick starts around 1:25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK-w3BmNUZA&feature=channel_page
shred is over-rated.
::Support Our Troops::

To all the men and women in uniform, thank you for serving our country.
We love you. God Bless.
you're good, especially for your age, but for god's sake, please don't expect to win a shred competition... your repetitive playing wouldn't stand up to experienced players.
It's all about feel
Quote by ShestShestShest
What is so BS about technical difficulties and Tapping / Sweeping Licks at 2 years?

I AGREE WHY THE BS STATEMENT?
Quote by cranium2001
fishing for compliments

What he said.

and this

Quote by hopespaul
you're good, especially for your age, but for god's sake, please don't expect to win a shred competition... your repetitive playing wouldn't stand up to experienced players.

Realize that you're like the kid who learned how to read early looking to be put in the 12th grade. At that age, nobody will care that you know how to read, because everyone can. Just like nobody cares that you're 13 or that you can shred. Realize that the original shredders did not receive notoriety because of the technical skill, but because of the creativity in the things that they did and the act of shredding period. Nowdays, with the internet, everyone can do it. Hate to break it to you.

Yes I intentionally tried to break you down.
I love how everyone is getting jealous and trying to find faults with the OP. He simply asked for asked for some constructive criticism and some help in finding contests. Grow a pair and give the kid his props.

On topic: I've never heard of any shred contests, but what you could do is find some other teen musicians (bass/drum prodigies maybe :-P) and create a band. Good luck, you're very good at this guitar thing.
I really liked your technical difficulties. I have been playing almost 2 years myself and I am working on this song now and am up to the solo. Really tests your legato technique. I wish I started at 13 instead of 21.
That dosen't even sound like it's you playing tbh. Just sounds like it's running through the song on Guitar Pro.
HI
I don't find it unbelievable.

Bulletrocks is 14 and playing some BTBAM stuff.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by StratPat
That dosen't even sound like it's you playing tbh. Just sounds like it's running through the song on Guitar Pro.

Agreed.

Not to mention that Technical difficulties isnt a vai song, its a racer x song.
Dunno.

Your two guitar sounds between the two recordins sound MASSIVELY different.
As if you had NO idea how to record a guitar, then sorta found out.

If its legit congrats, you've got steadier sweeps than I do, but I'd give it some more time before you start trying to compete.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by Toniofalcon
What he said.

and this

Realize that you're like the kid who learned how to read early looking to be put in the 12th grade. At that age, nobody will care that you know how to read, because everyone can. Just like nobody cares that you're 13 or that you can shred. Realize that the original shredders did not receive notoriety because of the technical skill, but because of the creativity in the things that they did and the act of shredding period. Nowdays, with the internet, everyone can do it. Hate to break it to you.

Yes I intentionally tried to break you down.

this.

and also we're not jealous.. he really isnt THAT spectacular... any can learn like 2 or 3 sweeps licks and play them 8000 times...
sea of lies cover:

no doubt you were playing it right, but the midi backing track was too loud, cut it down in the mix! you could hardly hear your guitar over it!

technical difficulties:
... meh, I guess it's better than what I can do so far but if you're serious about recording it practice it at least a dozen times more, cuz this will get you nowhere tbh (I heard lotsa slight errors, and they do weigh in alot on the judges decisions)
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
The only shred contest I know of off the top of my head is the Shred-off by National Guitar Workshop. And to the guys questioning the possibility of 13 year olds shredding, I won the shred-off in Seattle last year, though that was after 4 years of playing, at age 14. I'm not making a comment for or against the TS, as I can't listen to the stuff at the moment, just saying it's possible.
Last edited by TheShred201 at Mar 18, 2009,
I have no trouble believing that he can play that at two years. It's probably because I've been in a very similar situation multiple times, but I've never had any proof, and he does. I have no current way to record, but I'm planning to soon.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by guitarmaniac88
I have no trouble believing that he can play that at two years. It's probably because I've been in a very similar situation multiple times, but I've never had any proof, and he does. I have no current way to record, but I'm planning to soon.

Thank you
WOW, how did you get so good, hey I suscribed to your videos, so PM me on youtube ok. My Youtube Username is zaviexavier
Quote by Toniofalcon

I like your stuff, but he's right you know. Just find a way of becoming really creative with it. Making something that sounds good that almost nothing has done before. Don't play songs note for note. Infuse some other stuff into it and improvise. If you don't, then I hate to break it to you, but you wouldn't stand a huge chance at a big shred competition. You can find millions of videos of people shredding, sweeping, etc. Kids that are age 7 sweeping, young kids playing Eruption (can't stand this), people posting acoustic covers, etc. Only way to get recognition is to be creative.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
WOW, how did you get so good, hey I suscribed to your videos, so PM me on youtube ok. My Youtube Username is zaviexavier
Quote by zaviexavier

I'm working on the improvising. I'm really fortunate to have such a great teacher.

This is a clip of my teacher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5M9QSFMuQc
Page 1 of 2