Yes. How else will you catch the sound that comes from your mouth when you guitar tone comes from the amp through the tube.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Is this a serious question, because its one of the stupidest things ive seen on UG.
Quote by LegsOnEarth
Is this a serious question, because its one of the stupidest things ive seen on UG.

It's not that stupid really, because I've seen many with the tubes leading from them.
I don't know much about talkboxes though so I'm afraid I can't help you

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by dancesisidance
It's not that stupid really, because I've seen many with the tubes leading from them.
I don't know much about talkboxes though so I'm afraid I can't help you

The tube caries the sound from the box to your mouth. You shape the sound with your mouth which is picked up by a mic and sent to the PA.
He died... Yes, He died in a bizarre gardening accident.
well if you want people in an audience to hear you, yes. If youre gonna play in a quiet enviorment by yourself, probably still yes. I dont own 1.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
ALL talkboxes have the plastic tube. It's what carries the sound to your mouth. You then shape the sound with your mouth which is then picked up by a mic usually going to a PA system of some sort.

Think about it, do you really think you'd be able to play at full stadium volume inside your head and not have something go horribly wrong? The sound that comes out of the pipe is really quiet. Hence why you need a mic.
Quote by Snake_42
ALL talkboxes have the plastic tube. It's what carries the sound to your mouth. You then shape the sound with your mouth which is then picked up by a mic usually going to a PA system of some sort.

I believe some of them have a mic jack.
ie. the EHX Voice Box.
Quote by toyboxmonster
I believe some of them have a mic jack.
ie. the EHX Voice Box.

The Voice Box isn't a talkbox, though.