If you're really willing to spend that much money on a guitar, I would not go for a Gibson. Although it is "Custom Shop", the quality control isn't exactly all that great. I've played some Gibson Custom's that were absolutely rubbish. So make sure to try before you buy. And that thing probably weighs 10-12lbs, keep that in mind too.
4.500$ !!!!

I wish i had the money
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by Vitor_vdp
overpriced crap...
get a nice PRS

Ive had a prs custom 22 and i sold it because it was to thin.
Quote by Chris>Spiderman

oh, then i don't really know. You might have the money, but it's still way too much for it. What styles do you play and what guitars / amps do you already have. You could get an nice tube amp if you don't have one.
Quote by steel337
If you're really willing to spend that much money on a guitar, I would not go for a Gibson. Although it is "Custom Shop", the quality control isn't exactly all that great. I've played some Gibson Custom's that were absolutely rubbish. So make sure to try before you buy. And that thing probably weighs 10-12lbs, keep that in mind too.

Nah, that ain't true. I tried a whole bunch of Gibson VOS Les Pauls yesterday, none was heavier than 4kg.

Okay, from my experience, the average Gibson VOS Les Paul is not much better than the average Les Paul Standard. I noticed that the woods are of higher quality (e.g. they are lighter, a non-chambered VOS has roughly the same weight as a chambered Standard, or only minimaly more). On average, a VOS sounds a little more mellow and the top end is less hard. But they vary a lot. I have not played a VOS so far that was complete crap, but most where not very exciting. In fact, the price didn't seem justified on any of them.
BUT: One of them (a '59 reissue) was absolutely fantastic, it was one of those guitars that you pick up and it just sounds right. It is hard to describe... the mids on that guitar were completely different than on the other Les Pauls. It instantly reminded me of those great LP sounds you can hear on many rock and blues albums. The other just sounded bland and boring in comparison.

In conclusion: DON'T buy a Gibson VOS of the internet, you need to try them yourself and also, don't limit yourself to one model. Try a whole bunch and who knows, maybe a '58 sunburst LP will be the right one for you, maybe some other one.
Also, consider whether it'd be worth to get a custome built LP instead from another company. It's what I'd do, but I don't know what luthiers are available in your area, of course. Because seriously, as good as some of those VOS guitars are, they are extremely expensive for what they are.

Quote by Vitor_vdp
overpriced crap...
get a nice PRS

You don't know what you are talking about.
Quote by TheQuailman

You don't know what you are talking about.

Nah, bro, it's not about me not knowing. I'm not saying im right. I'm talking from my taste, because from the most expensive range of guitar I've tried before, the Gibsons had the worst neck, my hands just didn't feel right, and PRS was a perfect neck for my hands. But TS, try it out really, it might be the best for you, it might not, just try
Edit: all my friends , teacher, etc, love Gibsons, it's just me being picky...
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Mar 15, 2009,
Custom Shop Les Paul from another company would be a nice solution. I saw a Purple Les Paul with a flame top from Feline guitars that looked awesome. It was named like Prince's Purple Rain.

You may try a local luthier also.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
oh, then i don't really know. You might have the money, but it's still way too much for it. What styles do you play and what guitars / amps do you already have. You could get an nice tube amp if you don't have one.

I play, rock,hard rock,metal, classic rock. i have a good amp Marshall TSL 100W 2*12 Combo.
Lucky Bastard
But if your gonna spend that much on a guitar DO NOT but it off the interenetz
Go to a local shop and try them out
Yeah. It's definitely worth the money but you need to try it to make sure you get one of the good ones.
You could also look at a singlecut PRS.
with that kind of money you can get a luthier to do you an hell of a guitar
You have, there's luthiers everywhere. You're just not looking hard enough. Use google, ask in the local music store, check the phone book. It is impossible not to find one.

However, if you REALLY can't find one, you can import a hand made axe, of course. I recommend looking at:
Ruokangas guitars (check out the 'Duke' - it's not an LP, but it will work for your styles),
Huber guitars (have a look at the 'Standard', as it is not as expensive as the other Hubers, but still great. If you feel like spending more, look at the 'Dolphin' and the 'Orca') and
Morgaine (or Tandler - it's the same, Tandler is the name of the guy who builds Morgaines. The model to look at is the 'Beauty', it's a typical LP. If you want to save some money, have a look at the 'Austin'. Still great, but simpler and therefore cheaper).

http://www.ruokangas.com/
http://www.nikhuber-guitars.de/2006_home.htm#
http://www.cms-music.de/_english/tandler.html
http://www.cms-music.de/_english/tandler_preise.html

The pricelist for Morgaine guitars is partly in German. If you have any questions, I can translate. I suggest you look at the Austin and maybe drop one of those guys an email.
Note that you'll have to pay import taxes! If I am not mistaken, that's 27% extra cost, which means 500 bucks on a 2000€, and 1000€(!) on a 4000€ guitar, keep that in mind. However, you should check the import taxes yourself, I am not an expert.

But really, there ARE luthiers near you.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Mar 15, 2009,
+1 for Ruokangas
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
Quote by Chris>Spiderman

Simple.

Get a PRS single cut. with a wide fat neck.