Hello folks, just thought I'd get some opinions. I'm looking at possibly getting a good EQ pedal to tailor some of the ridiculous high end I'm fighting in my rig (bright pickups + bright guitar = death of eardrums). Opinions? Budget is whatever is needed to get the right pedal.
Fargen Olde 800 1x12 Combo
Ernie Ball/Musicman Axis Super Sport Rosewood with custom HighOrder Pickups
for like $30 you could get the Danelectro Fish n Chips, which i hear good things about. but if youre looking to spend more, then the the MXR 10 band should be good
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
Anybody have an opinion on the boutique market? I thank you gentlemen for your opinions, I'm just looking for input on as many pedals as I can get. Anybody tried the Boss GE-20?
Fargen Olde 800 1x12 Combo
Ernie Ball/Musicman Axis Super Sport Rosewood with custom HighOrder Pickups
I play a Strat through a VOX AC30 so I know what you are talking about when you mention "ridiculous high end = death to eardrums." So I bought myself a BOSS GE-7. It really does a fine job of shaping the sound. I just position the sliders ever so slightly and it affects the tone. Plus when not stomped on or with EQ set completely flat it sucks no tone at all out of the original signal.

And I didn't even mention the level slider which acts as an amazing boost. Yesterday I went from clean strumming to gritty overdrive just by stomping on my BOSS GE-7 EQ pedal. It's a nice pedal. Most useful one I own.