I've only fairly recently moved my music in a heavier direction, and as such i'm needing something with a bit more power and a faster neck than my beloved AD Strat. Now granted, I've spend untold hours surfing for differant guitars, but I thought I'd ask for some advice anyway. My main influences are Living Sacrifice, Zao, Machine Head, and the like. 90's metal. Also some Demon Hunter and The Famine. You get the idea. Running into a Peavey 6505 head on a Peavey 412MS cab (similar so Marshall tone-wise)

1. Must be PRO QUALITY.
2. Preferably passive PUP's
3. Preferably No FLOYD
4. I hate flashy guitars (ie abalone, blah blah)
5. And I'm not into crazy shapes really...

Any advice is greatly appreciated
Ibanez, Jackson, Dean, and ESP are all good choices.
If everything could ever feel this real forever,
If anything could ever be this good again,
The only thing I'll ever ask of you,
You've got to promise not to stop when I say when.
With those specs id say something from ESP, Ibanez or Jackson
Ibanez are going to be mostly floyd equipped though, but im sure once you start flicking through the appropriate brands websites youll find something that fits
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
the only thing i could suggest(because i dont have to much experience with other brands) is maybe a schecter hellraiser, i just played one yesterday and it was probably nicest thing i ever played, no floyd, emg's, neck seemed really fast to me and my friend, just check it out if your shop has it
yeah i've been checkin out the ibanez stuff. mostly the RG2610E... Still dunno about the Floyd-style bridges tho. I had some pretty gnarly experiances with those things... Looking at PRS CE-22/24 as well
Quote by chimpinatux
With those specs id say something from ESP, Ibanez or Jackson
Ibanez are going to be mostly floyd equipped though, but im sure once you start flicking through the appropriate brands websites youll find something that fits

Ibanez doesn't use Floyd Rose trems. But most of their guitars do come equipped with some sort of tremolo for what i've seen.
LTD KH-602
Schecter Hellraiser C-8
Bugera 333X
Pedalboard:
Boss TU-2, HM-2
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Crybaby From Hell
Way Huge Swollen Pickel
DeviEver: Legend of Fuzz
MXR Phase 90 Script, Carbon Copy, MC-401
schecter have some good new guitars that fit your specs

along with the usual suspects
www.myspace.com/adayoverdue

GEAR-
Guitars-
Ibanez SA260lh
Epiphone SG-black lefthand
Vintage Metal Axxe
Westfield Les Paul copy

Pedals
BOSS Metal Core
BOSS TU2
BOSS NS2
BOSS BF3 Flanger

BOSS BCB60

Amp
Orange Dual Terror head
Yeah, the RGA is definatly on the radar as well. Schecter... Not my thing. Thanks tho, lol. There's always the more classic styles as well I guess (les paul, washburn idol)
i would go for maybe a schecter c-1 exotic star. the rockfeild pickups get a nice warm sounding clean, and when played through a decent tube amp, get a raging distortion. as a bonus, the neck through construction allows for insane upper fret access. its in the range of $700 as well. im not sure what your budget is, but it is definitely something worth looking into.
Gear:

Fender fat strat
Ibanez s620ex1
LTD AX-2E

Marshall MG250dfx
No particular price range, but under 1000 (used) is right about where im looking. never really looked much at jackson... The only one ive ever played was incapable of anything but hair-metal tone, lol. had an amazing neck though....
Ibanez, Jackson, ESP, or Schecter.
However, with Ibanez it's difficult to find hardtail guitars. A lot of the higher end hardtails are pretty expensive. For Example, the RGA321
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!