I know a guy who is selling an Orange 4x12 (PPC-412) for $750. He says he thinks it's an '05 or '06 model. It's equipped with eminence speakers, though. I'm a amp newbie so I have no idea what's good and what's not in speakers. Is this an upgrade to the Celestion's? Is it a good deal overall?

Thanks =)
Orange cabs generally have excellent construction, and Eminence are a fine brand of speaker. I wouldn't say there is a definite quality difference between Eminence and Celestion, it's more of a tonal choice than a question of quality. Exactly what model(s) of Eminence speakers does he have in it?
He didn't say. I doubt he knows, I don't think he's that big of a gearhead. But I will definitely ask.
Cool. There aren't any really bad Eminence models anyway, just bad for some user applications.
It will sound a bit different than a stock Orange cabinet because they come with Celestion V30s. I'm not really sure how Eminence speakers sound, though -- never had any experience with them.

I wouldn't say Eminences are an upgrade per se. V30's are some of the best you can get.

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come