Hey guys!

My Mesa Boogie Single rectifier and my marshall 1936 2x12 are arriving by post tomorrow!

=D

What I wanna know is whether there is anything I have to do to break it in?

I heard you have to crank a new amp to get it hot and let the solders harden or something..

Is there anything else one should do?
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Seymour Duncans
Avalon Gold series acoustic
ESP LTD 7-string

Amp:
Marshall 100DFX
Peavey Valveking 212

Effects:
Boss GT-10
Quote by S.Y.N.
Hey guys!

My Mesa Boogie Single rectifier and my marshall 1936 2x12 are arriving by post tomorrow!

=D

I heard you have to crank a new amp to get it hot and let the solders harden or something..

Ignore that piece of advice.
Making solders hot will melt them [and "break" the amp], so that's not only false [your amp won't get too hot to break them, unless the amp was designed badly, but as it's a Mesa, you have nothing to worry about], but highly illogical.

When you get your amp, do anything you want.
The speakers may need breaking in, but TBH, just plug in and play.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Mar 15, 2009,
havent heard anything ever about solder hardening

with new speakers you should break them in. i.e play fairly loud open chords and things for about 15 mins so the cone gets moving. thatll do most of the work and itll gradually settle in after that

but your cab may have already had the speakers broken in

the most important thing with a new amp is to crank it right up, record it and then post the clips to UG post haste =]
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Thanks guys! =D
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Seymour Duncans
Avalon Gold series acoustic
ESP LTD 7-string

Amp:
Marshall 100DFX
Peavey Valveking 212

Effects:
Boss GT-10
Congrats on the new amp! The best thing about the single is being able to push the tubes at manageable volume levels.
The only thing with a Mesa is that if you want it to sound its best, then you have to have it up loud.
Quote by Ghold125
The only thing with a Mesa is that if you want it to sound its best, then you have to have it up loud.

Not always the case. Most tube amps come alive around 11 o'clock.
Quote by Guitarmiester
Not always the case. Most tube amps come alive around 11 o'clock.

on a 50 watt Mesa that's freakin' loud!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by spiff389
on a 50 watt tube amp that's freakin' loud!

Fixed.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by S.Y.N.
Hey guys!

=D

That is absolutely the dumbest piece of advice I've ever heard.
I dunno, it's not that crazy advice. The solder bit is rubbish, but I like to crank the piss out of a new amp if it's under warranty. I want to know if it's going to fail right there rather than wait for the perfect opportunity to kick me in the ass.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by DegaMeth
dude try a carvin v3 before you keep it. they are superior and cheaper IMHO

+1 carvin v3, mesa killer
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
HNAD Buddy

The carvin V3 has its ups and downs just like every amp on the market.
The stock tubes are competely horrible, it makes it sound too grainy and raspy and doesnt have the same thinkness for leads as the recto.

The recto is a bit raspy too but the right tubes and you'll by flying. Mesa is higher quality than carvin too.

Both companies are great and make great products but in this case the mesa.

Though im kinda biase...i own a 1987 Mark III Blue stripe long head with the GEQ and reverb with switchable from 60 and a 100 watts so...

But all and all both great amps...though the carvin v3 does keep the recto for its run for the money.

But im 100% sure you'll be happy with your purchase
Quote by spiff389
a tube amp is freakin' loud!

Quote by Raijouta
Fixed.

Double Fixed

Why does everyone insist the Carvin V3 is a Mesa killer. Mesa's are known for a large low end chunk and aggressive punch. The V3 has the same texture as the mesa top end but they have no chunk or punch.

Congrats on the mesa, buddy!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
no man you need to NOT turn on the amp to let the soldering ions recombine into a non critical state...it all has to do with the nano magnetic resonance in the alloy ions inside the solder....if you pass an electrical current through them the ions accelerate into a plasma state which fluxes through the proton despeculizer, charging the flux reticulation discombobulator and THEN you get something like a little chernobyl accident in your amp! :O!

so in short...dont even turn on your amp until you know all the solder alloy has detiorated into a safer nuclear state!
Quote by S.Y.N.

post pictures!
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by georgakis187
no man you need to NOT turn on the amp to let the soldering ions recombine into a non critical state...it all has to do with the nano magnetic resonance in the alloy ions inside the solder....if you pass an electrical current through them the ions accelerate into a plasma state which fluxes through the proton despeculizer, charging the flux reticulation discombobulator and THEN you get something like a little chernobyl accident in your amp! :O!

so in short...dont even turn on your amp until you know all the solder alloy has detiorated into a safer nuclear state!

I never knew amps were capable of time travel.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
Quote by funkymonkz
I never knew amps were capable of time travel.

NOT ONLY :O!!!

Time-space wormholes!!!!