I was going to buy a Line 6 Floor POD Plus. Then, I looked into a whammy more, and realised it has:

A Harmonizer
Detuner
Octave generator
Divebomb
Whammy (obviously)

My question is:

Do I buy the Floor POD and have all my effects in one, or buy the Digitech Whammy and buy individual individual pedals for better tone, but hella more money?
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
The Whammy is more of a novelty then anything.
I think you'd be using effects more then the Whammy effects.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Well, I detune all the time.

Also Tom Morello is one of my favvorite guitarists so I could harmonize solos and and stuff for when I write songs
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
the whammy is overrated, i bought one but it wasn't worth it and the harmonization sounds awful.
you are what you is
The Whammy is good at what it's for. Medium quality octave generator/harmonizer for a good price, not gonna get something better until you bump up to the EHX POG, and the Whammy has an edge for live playing with the foot pedal. But it really depends on if you personally use it, because if it's considered a novelty to you, then it will be a novelty to you and you won't take it seriously when you write songs.

...Now that my rant is over, I say go with the Whammy. You would want to change to single effects after a while. Multi's get old.

Well does the Line 6 have the pitch shifter/whammy like effects? My BOSS does and it sounds great, but then again diff companies blah blah blah......Best thing to do (if it does) is to try it out. Most GC's have pods out to try.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by mergapoot
the whammy is amazing, i bought one and it was awesome and the harmonization sounds beautiful.

Why, I believe you are right! You do have great taste in pedals!
Personally, I'd go with the Whammy. I have one and I love it. I also use single stomp box effects with it and they sound a lot better than the Pods IMO. Go for the Whammy and the stompboxes!
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
The only thing on the market better than the Whammy pedal is the EHX HOG, which is more than twice the price, and accordingly more versatile.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by mergapoot
the whammy is overrated, i bought one but it wasn't worth it and the harmonization sounds awful.

you are aware that its chromatic harmonisation rather than diatonic harmonisation right? so if you play a melody wanting it to be harmonized and you use the whammy, its not going to sound good, you need another guitarist or a pedal that can harmonize in key
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
You can set the whammy to harmonize in specific intervals depending on whether you rock the pedal forward or backward. It's not intelligent harmonization, but you can do what you want with it.

In the long run you will prefer getting individual stompboxes. I suggest buying the ones that are essential (delay, overdrive, fuzz, perhaps chorus, phaser, reverb) before blowing your cash on a pedal that's more of a novelty like the Whammy.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
The Whammy wouldn't be very useful, IMO.

Get a Small Clone Chorus, Phase 90, Carbon Copy/DD-7, 10 Band EQ instead.

That will do you more good.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Well you can get the whammy, then play one pantera song, laugh at the novelty factor and the detuning stuff. Then let it collect dust in the corner. It's a nice pedal mind, but don't pick it over conventional effects, people in this thread are right about that.
Guitar Gear
Marlin 2 Single 1 HumBuggy
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
V-Amp2
Marshall MG10CD - Microwaved
Line6 Spider III 30w - Put it in the oven