I made an MP3 clip of the EHX English Muffin, ProCo Rat, and the right side of the VS Jekyll & Hyde. It's some ZZ Top riffage played though each pedal to give you an idea of how they compare on that particular tone.

It's a bit subjective how to adjust each pedal to show it off the best on this clip, but I tweaked them for a while to what I thought was the best tone that was similar on all three.

Look for "English Muffin, Rat, Jekyll&Hyde Compare" in my profile.
Very cool. I the Rat. The VS is kinda meh in my opinion.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I'm find of surprised that you're the only comment. Maybe they think my crappy playing doesn't warrant an opinion.

It's hard to make a true comparison without going through a variety of settings. I like the Muff'n the best. But it's over double the cost of a Rat and twice the size on the pedal board. The J&H is a good alternative and offers the Tubescreamer type OD on the left side. I'm using a Epi SG G400 and have a F&C eq with a bit of treble boost in front. The Rat seemed to like the treble boost the least and I had to work on dialing it in to compensate. I wanted the same signal going in to all 3. The Rat will brighten up your tone for sure.
the muffin is MUCH different from the others- and personally my favorite.

the others were too bright for me tbh
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
I'd go with the RAT also. That Guitar and Flute was pretty cool also on the other one.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by scott58
That Guitar and Flute was pretty cool also on the other one.
Thanks Scott. That was a Marshal Tucker Band inspired thing.

I prefer the English Muffin the most. I'm able to dial in what to me is a more "open" sound. Not sure if that makes sense, but the Rat and the J&H sound kind of like you're listening through a tube. The Muff'n has a 3 band EQ, whereas the Rat only has a filter control. The J&H right mimics the Rat with the same filter control but adds a tone control. The Rat has a crisper sound than the J&H.

Given that the Rat is $90 and the Muff'n is $200, the Rat is a good alternative and one of the pedals I wholeheartedly recommend for a classic rock crunch. You can crank the gain and the filter on the Rat and get a Big Muff tone as well. The J&H is $150 and has the added value of a tubescreamer on the left side. The drawback is that you are stuck with both pedals and lack the flexibility to mix it up.
I like the Muff'n the best as well.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Muff'n=Win