It depends on what style you play, if you play metal, that isnt the right guitar, however, in my opinion the telecaster covers pretty much all your other bases.
Kramer Striker FR-424
Fender Starcaster
Roland Cube 30
Roland Mini Cube

Digitech RP90
Squier P-Bass (Insanely modded)
Fender Rumble 15
Are you looking to replace the Ibby with a Tele, or use them both as complementing each other and extending your style range?
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

we need to know what kinda music u play, but if you upgrade like £500 it will be worthwhile, assuming you buy a guitar suited for your style
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Ah sorry, I don't play any metal. Heaviest stuff I play is metal, but I play stuff like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jimi Hendrix, Guns N Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Modest Mouse, The Libertines, The Strokes and Muse...

So basically the Ibanez isn't too great for the genres I have moved into anway. I have been playing 2 years 4 months, and I think that Telecaster is good enough to last me a long while?
Wrong Genre. Tele is great for Country. Good for R&R. but Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jimi Hendrix, Guns N Roses, want something with a bit more clout like a LP or SG type of sound, I'd say.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I'd say get a Strat judging from the music you enjoy playing. And it would never hurt to upgrade the pickups. You could always do HSS so it's a bit more versatile.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Quote by Notmewtwoguitar
Ah sorry, I don't play any metal. Heaviest stuff I play is metal, but I play stuff like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jimi Hendrix, Guns N Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Modest Mouse, The Libertines, The Strokes and Muse...

So basically the Ibanez isn't too great for the genres I have moved into anway. I have been playing 2 years 4 months, and I think that Telecaster is good enough to last me a long while?

A hollow body works beautifully for Modest Mouse. I love a good hollowbody. With RHCP and Hendrix you might want to play around on a strat. But I have a Tele, and I love it. I play a lot of Modest Mouse, RHCP, Guns N' Roses, and Hendrix with it and it sounds wonderful. I doubt it would do well for Muse though.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

I strat would be a good fit, but don't underestimate the tele you can get some great tones out of 'em and they can be very versatile. I you like the feel and playability of the tele better than anything else but want a little different sound than just swap our pickups, you can also get the deluxe tele which has humbuckers and that would be good for the kind of music you mentioned.

It all depends on what you want, go to the store and play different guitar such as: strats, teles, les pauls, and sg's and pick the one that sounds and feels best to you.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
Quote by parigod
I'd say get a Strat judging from the music you enjoy playing. And it would never hurt to upgrade the pickups. You could always do HSS so it's a bit more versatile.

This
Get a MIM strat
Quote by Notmewtwoguitar
I don't play any metal. Heaviest stuff I play is metal,

...what?

Anyway, like others have suggested you can really go either way with this, a MIM Strat with a HSS configuration would be great for the most part for what you want, all you gotta do is swap out the pick ups a little bit. That or go for a gibson sg/les paul, I've got my SG and it sounds beautiful playing all the way to GN'R, to Hendrix, to RHCP
would a strat HSS with SD's in be ok you think

cuz im looking into one of them for lighter stuff/ rock/ slight metal

im bored of EMG's all the time
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Nobody's mentioned this but did you notice the fingerboard radius?
It's 7.25" which is the smallest radius you can get. Very curved fretboard, not bend friendly if the action isn't high enough to overcome fretting out during decent bends.
It will feel very different than any Ibanez or modern style you've probably played.
Even 9-1/2" isn't a good radius for bending unless you've got high action like SRV or Buddy Guy.
10" to 14" is much more the norm these days for radius.
Moving on.....