But stay with me.

I want a single coil pickup that runs straight to a mono output jack with only a spdt switch in the middle. Is it possible?

As I have it now its not working:

When on one side of the switch there is no noise whilst on the other there is only buzz. I'm a little confused on what to do from here. I want the switch to toggle between "off" as in the signal going to ground and "on" the pickup working.

I also don't know where to put the ground for the pickup, should it simply go to the spdt where I have the ground?

I know its kinda stupid to do this but I want to learn basic musical circuits.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
just connect the ground to any ground, you could attach them both to the jack if you'd like. also, you might want to have one side go to the hot and the other ground the signal, you're going for a killswitch correct?
I'm not entirely sure how the pols on an spdt switch work, they have numbers on the side from 123 but I don't know how the combination works...

Is it:

1-2 and 2-3

or is it some combination based on the outside ones:

1-2 and 1-3

And yes its basically a killswitch, but not a momentary one.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Last edited by sesstreets at Mar 15, 2009,
Ok, well then I think I'm going to shorten the wires, check the grounds and generally redo things.
Pain is an illusion.
YouTube Channel
Quote by sesstreets
I'm not entirely sure how the pols on an spdt switch work, they have numbers on the side from 123 but I don't know how the combination works...

Is it:

1-2 and 2-3

or is it some combination based on the outside ones:

1-2 and 1-3

And yes its basically a killswitch, but not a momentary one.

wire hot from pickup to middle connection. one side wire to ground and the other side wire to the hot connection on the jack. if still confused. PM me and I'll do a quick sketch.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x