I was wondering what type of distortion pedal I should get since the distortion on my amp doesn't seem to be cutting it lately.....

My amp is a Spider II 120 watt, if you know any decent distortion settings for it that would be nice too. What pedals are better compatible with this amp also?
Spider + distortion pedal = worse than the amps distortion

Just live with it or get a new amp
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
its sad but true... an upgraded amp will be better... i'm a sucker for tube amps so anything tube would be my recommendation. NOT a Marshall MG, not that their tube but don't get sold on the marshall name.
However, to be relevent to the thread, if your amp already had good distortion, i would recommend a boss Blues driver, and everyone loves the Boss DS-1. but pedals would not be a wise investment at this point.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
It is not possible to get any better distortion than what you have right now unless you get a new amp.

/thread
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by chimpinatux
Spider + distortion pedal = worse than the amps distortion

Just live with it or get a new amp

+∞

A dist. pedal in front of Spider sounds worse than it's dist.

You need to save up your money for a new amp.
Valve Spider is fine, but make sure to try out others, just to be safe. Nothing worse than the horrible guilt that you could have bought something better for the same money (I'm not implying anything seriously!)

Also a good question to ask you is, do you REALLY need 100w of Tube power? You could cut that in half and use the money saved to get an even better sounding tone out of an amp. Just a thought eh?
Guitar Gear
Marlin 2 Single 1 HumBuggy
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Blackstar HT-5 Combo
V-Amp2
Marshall MG10CD - Microwaved
Line6 Spider III 30w - Put it in the oven
the best distortion pedal to get is a new amp.

and imo, the Spider Valve is just a huge gimic for line 6 to make even more money by selling crap
yah if your into distorted amps, check out peavey and marshalls on craigslist instead.

amps they make to look for.

5150/6505 for peavey, and the JCM900 by marshall.

if anything you could find either of those for 600 or lower and still have some money left over for a delay, sustain, and OD, EQ pedal, some fuzz, or even new mick ups.
The Spider Valve series is considerably better than the regular Spider series but why would you buy a Spider when you could get something like a Carvin Legacy for $800 (just an example). There are better amps out there for the same price.