Here are my biggest problems playing along with my favorite bands using the MP3 players I found so far:

- They don't have the "A-B Repeat" mode, which would allow one to play a little section of a song over and over. This is great for learning solos.

- On every album the tuning is different. This means I have to continuously re-tune my guitar, which is a pain since it has a floating tremolo.

- I can't slow down the speed while not changing the pitch. For those trying to learn an Yngwie Malmsteen solo, it is obvious why that is needed.

Yesterday, I downloaded the Songbird MP3 player. It is very similar to iTunes. It is from the same folks offering Mozilla, Firebird, Thunderbird, etc.

They don't offer these functions either, but they are encouraging feedback.

Another person asked for the ability to tune the MP3 player and change the tempo.
Blog:
"Ability to alter pitch and tempo on a per track basis..."
9 people like his idea so far.

I asked for A-B repeat mode.
Blog:
"A-B Repeat & guitar players"

The more people that respond and show that they like the ideas, the more likely it is that this will be implemented.

If you think these would be useful features, please consider downloading the Songbird MP3 players, and add comments to the two blogs.

http://www.getsongbird.com/
After you have installed it, from within the MP3 player
--> Help
--> Feedback & Ideas
--> Type in the title of the blog in the search window
*Reported * for Advertisment

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by minichibi
I'm not sure if I'd call this advertisement... Songbird is open source anyway. =\

Doesn't matter if it is open source. He just made this thread and post to get peoples to download it. so in my eyes its an advertisement. there are other places in the forum that are there for this kind of things.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
helsinki_vampir, I am not sure why you would consider this advertisement?

This is free software which would obviously be of great use for a lot of guitar players if we were able to get them to implement these functions!

Since Songbird is still in development, this is our opportunity to get this implemented.

How are they going to know this if we don't tell them?
Last edited by rolfb at Mar 15, 2009,
helsinki_vampir, in my opinion this belongs under "Guitar Gear & Accessories" since some amps now have MP3 input ports.
Quote by rolfb
helsinki_vampir, I am not sure why you would consider this advertisement?

This is free software which would obviously be of great use for a lot of guitar players if we were able to get them to implement these functions!

Since Songbird is still in development, this is our opportunity get get this implemented.

How are they going to know this if we don't tell them?

That's called advertisement my friend.
Also Audacity can already do this.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
helsinki_vampir, great, I won't hold it against you that you are advertising for Audacity -

Hopefully, it is the solution I am looking for.