Me and a couple of friends jammed out a song last night and I was just wondering if you guys could tell us what key its in. Cuz me and the other guitarist dont know any of that stuff and the drummers a piano player but he was confused for what ever reason.

We use these notes and chords
Standard Tuning

Chorus
G5, F#5, E5

Verse
Open E, C-D-D# on A string, F-G-G# on D string, G5, E5, D#5
Last edited by JR2204 at Mar 15, 2009,
Notes Used:

A# - B - C - C#/Db - D - D#/Eb - E - F - F#/Gb - G - G#

You have everything but an A in there

Personally, I have no idea what key that'd be in. It looks pretty much like a chromatic scale of some sort?

Please add me if as a friend I helped! (I like to think I'm a friendly person)
Quote by JR2204
Me and a couple of friends jammed out a song last night and I was just wondering if you guys could tell us what key its in. Cuz me and the other guitarist dont know any of that stuff and the drummers a piano player but he was confused for what ever reason.

We use these notes and chords
Standard Tuning

Chorus
G5, F#5, E5

Verse
Open E, C-D-D# on A string, F-G-G# on D string, G5, E5, D#5

To write this out more neatly:
Chorus:
G, F#5 E5

Verse: E, C-D-Eb, F-G-Ab, G5, E5, Eb5

The chorus could be in a number of keys, but if it resolves to that E5 then E minor would be a good guess. As for the verse, it's very chromatic -- when you say the "C-D-Eb" and "F-G-Ab", are those single notes or chords?
Its single notes on the A and D. Its more of a metal song with alot of open E chugging and the notes on the A and D thrown in. The only chords I use in the verse are at the end of the riff and it goes E to G and then Eb back to G.

And ya the chorus resolves to E and E minor sounded right.