Just wondering what your opinions are on a Marshall JCM 900 2x12 50w combo? I am considering buying one for around $600. I play a lot of rock and blues, not metal. I haven't had the chance to play it yet but I am wondering what to expect and if any of you have played it yet? Thanks
I'm not a Marshall expert but I believe that the JCM900 is geared more toward higher gain rock so it may not be your best possible choice.

Where on the globe are you located?
I am in the DC/Baltimore area so I have a lot of options.

EDIT: I also found a Marshall TSL 122 Tube Combo Guitar Amp - 100 Watts - JCM 2000 Series but I don't know much about it either. I do know that its a 3 channel so its pretty flexible.
Last edited by prscustom24... at Mar 15, 2009,
If you can find a JCM800 then I'd go with that instead of the 900. It would suit you better for the styles you play and you should be able to find one for around the same price.
if your into rock and blues look into the blues junior by fender, or the classic 30/50 from peavey, those amps are much more geared towards that genre.
Traynor ha a couple of all-tube amps in that range as well. The 50W Bue just got a good review in GP.
Moving on.....