I have a Crate V-18 tube combo and a roland cube 30 combo. I want the delay and effects from the cube so I'm going from my guitar to the roland. Then I'm using the record output to go into the crate guitar input. It plays fine and sounds good enough, but is there anything I should be careful about. And how much of my sound is coming from the roland and how much from the crate. I'm hoping the roland doesn't kill the tone, but I'm willing to lose some tone for the effects when I'm just practicing and whatever.
Any help is appreciated thanks.
Guitars
Gibson SG '61 Reissue 'Aretha'
Fender MIM Strat 'Rosy'
Takamine EG 332c 'Betsy'
Epiphone G-400 'Lucy'

Amps
Crate V-18 1x12
Roland Cube 30x

Pedals
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Double Muff
Line 6 Echo Park
Hmmm...I think I have a cleaner way of doing that. One of my pedals has 2 outputs. One labled amp and one mixer. I just ran one output into my Vk and one into my Rage.

I don;'t know exactly what you're asking, but this is a better way to do that IMO.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
^He wants the effects to go through the crate though.

There shouldn't be anything to worry about, the recording out is line level so everything should be ah-kay!
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
You can A/B/Y them. A being Crate, B being Cube, and Y being both. on the Y setting you hear both amps.
There's probably a simpler pedal that is just a Y pedal, but idk.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by Ghold125

can i get some pics of this????

Don't have a camera, but It's pretty ghetto rigged cause the chords connecting them are only 2 feet. It's so bad looking, but I dig the delay so it's worth it.

And I also only have the roland for a few days so I'm not looking for any permanent solutions, I was mostly just making sure I wasn't gonna mess up either of the amps.
Guitars
Fender MIM Strat 'Rosy'
Takamine EG 332c 'Betsy'
Epiphone G-400 'Lucy'

Amps
Crate V-18 1x12
Roland Cube 30x

Pedals
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Line 6 Echo Park
LiIne level is a little hot for a guitar input but should be OK. You probably noticed the Crates levels sound louder than if you just plugged your guitar directly into the crate without going thru the roland first.
As for sound, the Roland is now a solid state pre-amp feeding the crate so most of the tone is coming fro the ROland and being amplified by the crate.
Moving on.....
i use to do that with my fender super 60, to use the recto model, it should work fine.
So I'm mostly just hearing the Roland tone being amplified through the crate?
Guitars
Fender MIM Strat 'Rosy'
Takamine EG 332c 'Betsy'
Epiphone G-400 'Lucy'

Amps
Crate V-18 1x12
Roland Cube 30x

Pedals
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Line 6 Echo Park
Depends how transparent the cubes preamp is.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not