Ok im in a band and we're gaining motion and getting on our feet so i need to find a good program to record with, it has to be for mac, and it has to sound good but have file sizes that can fit on myspace, thats been the problem with garage band, a 3 minute song comes out as 32 meg and that just doesnt work, so i need to find something that will work for me. Any ideas?
Have you looked into Logic Express? That is Mac's program for recording, and a step up from Garageband.
Quote by tonepro
Have you looked into Logic Express? That is Mac's program for recording, and a step up from Garageband.

+1

I use Logic for recording and gigging and it has never let me down.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
When you are sharing the garage band file right, click the compress icon and fill in what you want and then it will 'compress' the recording to like 8 megabytes or something.
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Seymour Duncans
Avalon Gold series acoustic
ESP LTD 7-string

Amp:
Marshall 100DFX
Peavey Valveking 212

Effects:
Boss GT-10
Quote by S.Y.N.
When you are sharing the garage band file right, click the compress icon and fill in what you want and then it will 'compress' the recording to like 8 megabytes or something.

I tried that and i can only get it down to like 18 which just doesnt fit
I dont know a ton about recording software, but what I use works well enough for me. Its called Ardour and it is an open source project for Mac and Linux. If you dont want to spend a ton of money on software I would check ardour out if only to test it. Its free to download so try it if you want.