I want to paint my Epiphone Les Paul, just the body, but I have no experience.

Thing is, I have another ****ty Ibanez to play if for whatever reason I mess up on my Les, but my Les is my main guitar... So if I mess up on it.. That's my guitar!

So should I risk it? I really want to try, I just want to put a logo on it, and repaint it black, and the logo will be white.

It'll end up looking like this:

If you guys think I could, do I just buy the swirl remover stuff (to make it shine) and regular spray paint? Or is there some special kind of paint I need to buy?

Thanks for your help, guys.
i tried this and you wouldnt believe how thick the layer of clear coat they put on them, with that said mine came out horrible and thank god it was a beater no name guitar cause damn it was sad looking. ahahaha lol ......dont try it
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
there's special paint for it and techniques...i personally don't know how to do it either but i'd take it to a professional or someone who knows how to paint guitars.
Usually when you paint you dont have to sand all the old paint of if you just get the clear coat off you can paint over the old paint job. Spray paint usually works but do you have the artistic abilitly to recreate that design on the guitar?

EDIT: Ask in the Customizing forum they would know alot better then me ive only tried once and failed at it and havent had time to redo it.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I would proceed very cautiously with this... It could go horribly wrong, and especially if you don't have enough artistic skill (though I don't know whether this is this case, just saying if you don't) then even if you manage to get paint working on the guitar it could look crap, cheap, mis-proportioned etc!
I'd take it to up to Guitar Center or something and not risk it, but watch them do it so that if you decide to paint another guitar you'd know what to do. By the way what's the Ibanez.
Agree with above practice on scraps first before you do it I didnt and ended up screwing the paintjob up horribly and trust me its a pain to sand off your mistake so you defintley want to do it right the first time.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Read the customization forum they have tutorials and stuff for this

and if you were smart you'd make that logo into a stencil and use that to put it on the guitar.
"I play guitar" - Me
Quote by cornmancer
By the way what's the Ibanez.

It's a Roadstar II :\

As for the artistic skill, I shouldn't need any, I was just going to print out and blow up the picture, and cut it out with an exacto knife, and use it as sort of a stencil. I'd paint the guitar black first, then paint that on, then clear coat.

EDIT:
Quote by Soulinfector
and if you were smart you'd make that logo into a stencil and use that to put it on the guitar.

lol guess I'm smart.
Last edited by Dog-- at Mar 15, 2009,
I also do have an old gutted Jay Turser (no name) just sitting here, it's got everything but pickups, it's ugly as hell now (green glitter paint with a red pickguard.. ugh.), I guess I could practise on it first.