Ok, so I'm playing on a Traynor YCV40 right now and I'm pretty happy with it. I just want something that'll tighten it up a bit, and maybe add a bit more gain.

Today's Stupid Deal of the Day is the Danelectro Wasabi Overdrive pedal. Normally 100 bucks and it's 30 bucks for today. Does anyone have any experience with it? It apparently is very versatile with the array of sounds you can get out of it. However, I'm just not set on something that I haven't played before. If I could hear some personal opinions that'd be great.

Then of course there's the Bad Monkey. And I was also considering getting the Digitech Hardwire Overdrive pedal.

Now I'd like to spend as little money as possible. I have the ability to work when needed but because I'm in school it's difficult to make any time, especially considering that the only work I'd have is before 5 o clock. So - cheaper the better.

I play anywhere from lightly distorted rock to hard rock. Not really any metal.

tl;dr: Is the Wasabi Overdrive any good? Should I get a bad monkey instead? Digitech Hardwire OD? Or save up some money for a Fulltone OCD, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, or some other more expensive OD.
Gear:
Fender USA Standard Strat
1972 Aria "Lawsuit" Les Paul

Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb w/Randall cab
Traynor YCV40

Effects: (working on it..)
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
BOSS DD-6
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
1978 MXR Dist.+
I haven't used the Wasabi, but I do like Danelectro pedals.

That being said if you need just a OD get the bad monkey. I love mine, but it took awhile to get used to it. At first it seemed empty, but once it's tweaked it's great.

I would maybe get the Wasabi and test it out. If it dosen't work you can prob make the 30 bucks back on Ebay.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Go for the Wasabi - its only $30. If you decide that you dont like it you could turn around and sell it for twice that, easily.