Ok guys, I've been playing guitar for 6 years and this was my first guitar that was given to me by a relative who has had it since the 70's. This is it:

Yes, stickers, I was naive. There's a few things that are wrong with that, but I just got on with it, and haven't really played it since I had other guitars.

The elctronics are fine, except for the shoddy soldering - humbucker is coil tapped too. Anyway, the tone potentiometre doesn't turn, so need a new one. I'm not really good with elctronics, but looking on ebay for "guitar potentiometre", it's coming up with 250k and 500k ones. The one currently in says 38k on it. I'm not sure what this means, but do I need to get another 38k one, or can I use any? Also, the jack socket is dodgy. It works when you pull the lead to an angle, so need that doing - will any jack socket do?

Ok now the bridge. Ever since I've had it, it's been as it is in the following picture. I know it's not to be that far off the body lol. It's a 6 point pivet bridge, but only has 2 screws in it - doubt that would make a difference but I dunno. Whether that can be fixed or not, probably gonna replace it. Looking on ebay again, for a Fender bridge, they're kinda expensive, whereas Squier ones are cheap and do the job. I don't want to pour loads of money into this guitar, as I'll mainly play my US strat anyway, just want this to be playable. My question is, if I buy just a Squeir bridge, will I regret it?

Additional pictures:

So that's pretty much it, I'm keeping the current neck - it's aged and worn in nicely. And keeping the pickup, that's pretty sweet too. Just kinda need those questions answered so I can start.
Fender US Standard Strat '07
Epiphone Les Paul '94
Marshall MG100FX
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss ME-70
Boss TU-2
Last edited by kineas at Mar 15, 2009,
Add another 1-2 springs to the bridge in the back, it will sort the bridge out nicely.
tightening the springs or putting another spring in will work to bring the bridge down
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
as for the bridge; try some heavier or more springs. those two looks kinda weak.
You like it
i wouldnt say its a strat copy...
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Just add springs to even out the tension of the strings vs. whammy plate, that wouldn't be much costly, a few bucks at most.

500k pots are the usual match for humbucking pickups, but if you can go to your local guitar shop if they offer adjutment services they should also carry parts, ask them just to be sure.

For the socket bring the guitar in the shop, he'll tell you what you will need.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Ok cool. Just ordered 3x high tension springs for like, £3 lol. I have no problems with taking it to a shop, it's just if I can have all the stuff delivered to me, I can solder stuff fine, saves a treck into town. And I don't really want to pay someone to do something I can do myself lol, I'm just enquiring about the parts. And if I got new pots, would I need to change the volume to a 500k one aswell?
Epiphone Les Paul '94
Marshall MG100FX
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss ME-70
Boss TU-2
Last edited by kineas at Mar 15, 2009,
Its gonna be a bitch to get those stickers off.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by Little_Buster
Its gonna be a bitch to get those stickers off.

I know. But the Macbeth and liksang.com ones, I really wanted to put somewhere, and had no where else lol. It's not as if I'm going to sell it and it's devalued it, and tbh, I hate red with a passion, and with the single humbucker, I thought the body looked too empty and plain. They mean stuff to me though, the Macbeth ones reminds me off my first emo clothing, when I started becoming who I am now - they're not just random ones I used to make my guitar look pro.
Epiphone Les Paul '94
Marshall MG100FX
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss ME-70
Boss TU-2
i am diggin that body style. definitely get the bridge worked out. i will be watching this one.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
You should slap a FR on it.
Of course you'd have to route it
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Well, seeing as I have a Fender Strat, yes I do. OK I made a mistake, the head and body look nothing like a strat, it has 1 humbucker, nothing like a strat.

But seeing as the only things I know about it are that is has "Grant" on the head, and the neck plate says "Made in Japan", to me, the closest thing it resembles is a strat type guitar with its double cut away.
Epiphone Les Paul '94
Marshall MG100FX
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss ME-70
Boss TU-2
true lol it doesnt look liek a strat
GEAR
________

Jackson RR3 w/ Dimebucker
Epiphone G400 Extreme
Marshall Mg30 Dfx (It does the job),
Kelry Sinister Strings, 10 - 52's
Dunlop Jazz III's or Dunlop purple 2.00 tortex(sharpened).
Ok, I'm abandoning this thread solely on the fact that any new replies will just be about me saying it's a strat copy, when it's not. Even though it just seems that people with a serious answer didn't mention it, and people who needed a self esteem boost decided to say something about it.

Anway, I'll probably transfer all this into a blog, so if you wanna keep following, add me as a friend or something.
Epiphone Les Paul '94
Marshall MG100FX
Dunlop Cry Baby
Boss ME-70
Boss TU-2
Just ignore em.
or change the thread title
Quote by letsgocoyote