Poll: Which member of ac/dc had the biggest effect on the bands success?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which member of ac/dc had the biggest effect on the bands success?
Bon scott
213 9%
Angus young
1784 78%
Malcolm young
202 9%
Brian johnson
80 4%
Voters: 2279.
Page 1 of 97
acdc101
pft
295 IQ
Everyone is too busy to make an ac/dc thread but they can make one about which rockstar had the most tragic death! (bon scott)
Last edited by acdc101 at Feb 21, 2005,
marchoso
Boom
1,393 IQ
I wouldn't say bon scott had the most tragic death... He's way behind to who I think had the most tragic death, John Lennon..

Anyway, this opinion is mainly biased from what I know from friends... I don't know enough about each of these guys to pick for myself... Angus Young.
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
thestrumbum
I am legend.
32 IQ
It was all Angus. Have you seen live in Donington? Amazing.
sXe babay!
Originally posted by )Eric(Draven
...all of their merch basically says "SUCK ON MY EDGE DICK... AFTER I'VE KNOWN YOU FOR 2 YEARS"
jono034
I'm Your Huckleberry
724 IQ
I dont think the band would be able to be AC/DC without Angus. . . Angus is the only one who has been with the band on every tour and every album. . . Definately angus. . .
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
bucky_2300
Onward!
1,344 IQ
Originally posted by marchoso
I wouldn't say bon scott had the most tragic death... He's way behind to who I think had the most tragic death, John Lennon..

Anyway, this opinion is mainly biased from what I know from friends... I don't know enough about each of these guys to pick for myself... Angus Young.

^^ I still know people who think rock died with lennon, personally, I don't, but it was a great loss for the music industry and for those whom he would have influenced later on in his life. I listened to "Imagine" on the 20'th anniversary of his death.

Oh, btw, Angus. He embodied AC/DC. His vocals and guitar...amazing.
no
daytripper75
Hold mah diiiick!
2,960 IQ
Originally posted by thestrumbum

thats an amazing concert, i really wish i coulda been there(i was but a wee one at the time, plus i live in the US) but anyway, its almost like sabbath in my opinion, if sabbath loses Iommi its over, if AC/DC loses Angus its over.
sirbiznatch007
Rockabilly Riot
302 IQ
Yeah, it deffinaely is Angus. When you think Ac/Dc....he basically had the duckwalk,and the school boy uniform his trademark.

He was the entertainer. Bon was an awesome entertainer also, him and his dancing. I wish he didn't die.

But each song was worked on by each of the members. Mostly Bon(Brian), Angus and Malcolm. And it wouldn't be the same without them.

But yeah, when Angus dies, it is over wich is a sad thought. Good thing he is not TOO TOO old yet, and can still perform
erik_lunke
The Man
12 IQ
angus, because of the school uniform, the angus dolls, everything..
**** Shredding !
cincyreds32
angus rocks
88 IQ
there's no contest here. bon scott could scream his lungs out, but u just can't compare bon with angus when angus could rip that kinda stuff out on guitar while jumping all over the place.
mingles
I am beautiful
864 IQ
Well, considering that every picture, mag cover, greatest hits, box set etc is Angus rocking out in his school uniform, he gets it.
Read my post. Not this.
fenderfreak101
UG Spammer
1,432 IQ
without any doubt angus, i mean when you hear ACDC, who do you think?! ANGUS!, and people loved him, and they still would, regardless of his talent (WHich e had loads of)

he had a good sense of humor and a good personality
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
UtBDan
BA of Music Theory
4,562 IQ
Angus without a doubt.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
IOnceWasAFaggot
23 IQ
Originally posted by sirbiznatch007
Yeah, it deffinaely is Angus. When you think Ac/Dc....he basically had the duckwalk,and the school boy uniform his trademark.

He was the entertainer. Bon was an awesome entertainer also, him and his dancing. I wish he didn't die.

But each song was worked on by each of the members. Mostly Bon(Brian), Angus and Malcolm. And it wouldn't be the same without them.

But yeah, when Angus dies, it is over wich is a sad thought. Good thing he is not TOO TOO old yet, and can still perform

I thought Chuck Berry had the duckwalk?
Shoot Sperm Not Bullets.
UtBDan
BA of Music Theory
4,562 IQ
He did before Angus, yeah. but I think what sir biznatch meant is that when you thought AC/DC, you thought duckwalking guitar and school boy outfit - both Angus.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
acdc101
pft
295 IQ
At least nobody has talked about any other bands, this poll is doing well so far.
Is there an Ac/Dc fan club yet?
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
Last edited by acdc101 at Jan 22, 2005,
marchoso
Boom
1,393 IQ
Originally posted by IOnceWasAFaggot
I thought Chuck Berry had the duckwalk?

That would be the correct version...

He's the only one I know who could do it..
Quote by wahappen

This is a guitar community not Romper Room.
Bed Of Razors
UG Newbie
10 IQ
Angus, the band works really well together, but its Angus who makes them amazing

~ Bed Of Razors
What the feck? I'm a newbie again?
~Rock~Guitarist
899 IQ
Angus young for sure, there could've been a different vocalist and they would still be as good.

note: I'm not at all saying Bon Scott was a bad vocalist or that he should be replaced, I'm just trying to show how large of an impact Angus Young had to the "ac/dc tone"
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
punklege
Wheres the freedom?!
142 IQ
saw them @ donnington!!!
yea... i can think of a sig
fenderfreak101
UG Spammer
1,432 IQ
Originally posted by punklege
saw them @ donnington!!!

i hate you you stupid newb!!!
"walks away thinking of way for vengeance!!"
fenderfreak101
UG Spammer
1,432 IQ
i dn, if u look at ACDCs history, Angus wouldnt have made it without malcolm. malcolm got him in and malcolm got bo and brian johnson in, same with all of the bassists and drummers theyve had
itsdan89
UG Newbie
10 IQ
Angus definately helped keep the band going after Scott died, but he really didnt have the "biggest effect on the band's sucess,"
The great sucess while Bon Scott was still around. Clearly all there great albums were w/ Scott (except for Back In Black).
Last edited by itsdan89 at Jun 18, 2004,
acdc101
pft
295 IQ
What do you mean before angus?
LastFM
my deviantART
Quote by saintjimmy99
thank you kindly. now feel free to put a quote from me in your sig that says whatever you like.
Last edited by acdc101 at Jan 22, 2005,
punk_rocker578
UG's Mr. Orange
10 IQ
Originally posted by thestrumbum

I own live at Donington. But nobody gives Bon enough credit
The donuts will speak, Wal-Mart is dominating, and we will know the answers to life's questions when we bow down to the Peanut.
Mr_Zakk_Wylde
Ozzy's Brew Master
80 IQ
Angus. Doing a tribute to AC/DC at school battle of the bands.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
R.I.P Ash.
Duds
Cat with the purple pants
10 IQ
I think before Bon Scott died AC/DC was his band and people went to see Bon Scott (although many Angus too) but once Bon Scott died it became Angus' band and now the only reason everyone goes is to see Angus.
stiff-upper-lip
UG's Music Technologist
1,025 IQ
had the most tragic death! (bon scott)

ok can somone please tell me how Bon rely died coz i heard that he died chokin on my own sick, but then a mate told me he crashed in a car and then choked. wats the truth?
and besides i would say Cliff had the most tragic death, ebin crushed under a bus!!!
stiff-upper-lip
UG's Music Technologist
1,025 IQ
alos i think it was both Angus and Bon that made AC/DC, but now its just Angus. Bon had all the CRaZynes, but Angus had the skool uniform
Mr_Zakk_Wylde
Ozzy's Brew Master
80 IQ
From what i have read/heard, he was drunk, went out to his car, pased out then froze to death
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
R.I.P Ash.
mark knopfler
UG Newbie
10 IQ
Like someone said, Angus wouldnt have been much without Malcom. Malcom wrote all the riffs, and even Angus admitted that he was the better guitar player, Malcom didnt play the solos because

"it got in the way of my drinking arm"

so i'd say malcom was most important to their success.
stiff-upper-lip
UG's Music Technologist
1,025 IQ
^^^^well i was watchin 'behind the music' on VH1 and it said he came home from a drinkin binge and then chocked to death on his own vomit, but i guess seein as most people are sayin he was drink drivin, crashed, survived the crash and then died of chocking to death.
numetaldude
Not Gonna Argue With You!
41 IQ
well, kinda obvious who'd win the poll considering we're in the guitar forum! but anyway, i also think Angus was the man. Not just a great lead guitarist, but his rhythm riffs are just unforgettable (wait, one post above said Malcolm wrote the riffs.. if he's right, then i'd vote for malcolm definitely! ).
Originally posted by perfec_circl
OH! OH! THANK GOD! You saved me! This AMAZING pop-punk/alternative band has saved me from the horrible cluthes of... *gasp*... nu-metal!
sirbiznatch007
Rockabilly Riot
302 IQ
Ok, Bon Scott didn't die of a car accident. He died from going to sleep and choking on his own vomit.

Angus AND Malcom wrote the riffs. Angus wrote the more better known songs, like Thunderstruck untirely by himself. So sayying Malcom wrote all the riffs....is kinda far fetched. Angus made alot, and they helped out eachother.
fenderfreak101
UG Spammer
1,432 IQ
^^ya his frend left him to sleep in his car cuz he was so wasted, and he choked.