Because I don't want the complication of a (big) pedalboard, and I don't really need amp modeling, I did some research and found TC Electronic.
Now, would it be worth it to save up for the G-Major, instead of getting the G-Sharp?
-I heard that the G-Sharp can't have two effects (delay and chorus for example) on at the same time.
-The G-Sharp is quite a bit cheaper
-I don't need all the effects that the G-Major offers, I only need delay, chorus, and reverb (for leads and cleans). EQ and phaser would be nice though.

Opinions? Suggestions? I'll probably end up buying a Behringer FCB-1010 to go along with the unit, unless it's really unreliable.

EDIT: the G-Sharp lacks a couple of "effects," but I already have a noise gate, don't need a compressor, and soon enough I'll have a tuner pedal.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Mar 15, 2009,
what are the prices of each? and links?
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
If those are the only effects you're after it might be worth going after individual pedals as the tone will be more customised. Most people I know who bought TC Electronic effect units ended up selling them because they didn't use half the effects and features
ohai little sig.
I used to own a G-sharp (until i needed some money) and it really is very good for money. You can get one for a smidgin under £100 now which is very cheap indeed.
It's especially good value as most of the effects built in are just taken from the more expensive models such as the G-major and powercore products.
Limitations are that you can only do effects and reverb at the same time, and there's no tuner, no compressor, and no noise gate. But those are luxuries really.
In my opinion, it makes more sense to buy the G-sharp. But if you really want no pedals, the G-major will cater for everything unlike the G-sharp.
You'll have to weigh up what you need most.
Quote by Demonikk
If those are the only effects you're after it might be worth going after individual pedals as the tone will be more customised. Most people I know who bought TC Electronic effect units ended up selling them because they didn't use half the effects and features

Honestly, I really don't want single effects; I just don't want to tap dance while I play, not to mention that I'm not really bothered with tweakability right now.

^I already have a noise gate, don't need a compressor, and will be getting a tuner pedal soon. But I still can't use chorus and delay together, can I?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Mar 15, 2009,
G-Major is worth the extra pennies.

Look into Sansamp (Tech 21) too.

I use Rack gear exclusively too
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
G-Major is worth the extra pennies.

Look into Sansamp (Tech 21) too.

I use Rack gear exclusively too

Sansamp? I don't need amp models, I need effects.
*scratches head*
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Sansamp? I don't need amp models, I need effects.
*scratches head*

If you already have a gate, the G-sharp seems the best bet. A tuner is a painless buy anyway.
It's just as high quality as the rest of the stuff they make so i'd go for it
My G-sharp died about a week after the warranty ran out...minimum fee of about 100 bucks to get it looked at.

-_-
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
My G-sharp died about a week after the warranty ran out...minimum fee of about 100 bucks to get it looked at.

-_-

Ouch. Is the Major any more reliable?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Ouch. Is the Major any more reliable?

The knobs are known to be dodgy, so be careful you don't bump into those...or they might fall off.

If you're careful with it though, it should last you.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G

If you're careful with it though, it should last you.

How careful? I'm not gonna put a drink on top of it, but I'm also not gonna handle it like a bomb that detonates as soon as I drop it on the floor.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
^ just keep it in a rack. i like mine (gmajor). im controlling mine with a voodoo labs footswitch, its awesome. (My pics) no tap dancing!!!
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
Quote by aznrockerdude
How careful? I'm not gonna put a drink on top of it, but I'm also not gonna handle it like a bomb that detonates as soon as I drop it on the floor.

I have a G Sharp. It's been retired for a year since I got my Rocker (no FX loop ) but it's getting put back in soon

First off: The only FX you can run at the same time are one reverb and one "effect". Effect here has the meaning of either:

>Delay
>Chorus
>Phaser
>Flanger
>Vibrato
>Tremolo

So any one of those can be run with one reverb type. You can't run any of those at the same time.

You can select the dry/wet mix on both reverb and effects, which really helps with modulation stuff like chorus and flanger, when you want a more subtle effect. When used with delay it affects the volume of the delay more than anything.

You can save presets of the whole thing (so say you have a chorus and a reverb on, it can save that under a preset number, but if you just want to save a chorus and no reverb it will save it as that too - reverb will be saved as "off")

You can also turn the wet/dry mixers off if you have a mix knob on your fx loop by pressing the killdry button.

Also reliability issues; I haven't had any, and I've had this unit for 3 and a bit years, used regularly in my studio and gigged it earlier on in its life. Granted I've looked after it, but it can definitley stand up to a knock or two in my experience.

That's a brief overview, but if you have any more questions I'll be happy to answer.
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Mar 15, 2009,
The G-Major is an really freaking effects unit, and beats (IMO) most cheap stompboxes. If you really think about going MIDI (I think the G-Sharp can be also controlled about a regular footswitch) you should get the G-Major. You can also use it to switch channels on your amp, contoll the Volume via Midi, give a Leadboost and some more things.

If you are searching for some Reverbs and Modulationstuff, go for the G-Sharp. If you want to avoid tapdance, get the G-Major. It's defenitiley worth the money.

For the reliabilty, I know some people who use their G-Major since 2 or 3 years for 2 to 3 shows per weekend. And they didn't craped out on them, AFAIK. Can't say something bout the G-Sharp, but it looked solid when I tested it.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Aside from the rumored reliability problem, the G-Sharp would be better for me I think. I realized that I rarely use two or more effects at the same time, and my 6505 isn't MIDI compatible I think. I was mostly worried about quality because of the rather big difference in price.
Thanks guys.

Also, if anyone knows, does the Nova System have better sounding effects than the G Major? Is it more expensive only for the fact that it's a compact pedal?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
I think the Nova uses the same algoryhtm then the G-Major does, therefore they should sound similar. I haven't tried one yet, so I'm not quite sure.

Btw, your amp doesn't has to be midicompatible, it works with a normal patchcable. That makes the whole thing easier.
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Quote by OrangeWalls
I think the Nova uses the same algoryhtm then the G-Major does, therefore they should sound similar. I haven't tried one yet, so I'm not quite sure.

Btw, your amp doesn't has to be midicompatible, it works with a normal patchcable. That makes the whole thing easier.

Oh, nice. That makes it a lot harder for me to decide though, haha.
Now I'm really leaning towards the Major... I don't need all the things that it offers, but I just love to mess around with effects .
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420