I've had my USA Big Muff Pi for a year and a bit now, and recently it's been acting up. Whenever I switch on the pedal, sometimes it will work fine, but others it will only give a light distortion, not the full effect. It goes either way unpredictably. Any fixes for this? Thanks!
...Is the battery dying? Are your wires properly connected? Is the amp volume constant? Is the guitar volume constant?
give a light tug on all the wires, if any of them are loose you should be able to tell.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
give a light tug on all the wires, if any of them are loose you should be able to tell.

Quote by WtrPlyr
Open it up and see if all wires are still properly connected.

Quote by lefthandman9876
loose connection i bet you, resolder it yourself.

these, and fix'd
I changed the battery, didn't fix anything. I opened it up, no loose connetions or solder joints.

What now?
But other pedals, like my ds-1, work perfectly fine through it. And when I play other guitars through it the same problem occurs.
Quote by Ethalopian
But other pedals, like my ds-1, work perfectly fine through it. And when I play other guitars through it the same problem occurs.

may we see pics of the insides? i promise they wont be used for pr0nz reasons....

well, at least at first they wont....
Quote by Ethalopian
What's that? And no, I don't own one.

it is a tool that is used to measure electrical current. you can pick one up at radioshack for $15, and they are really helpful in these kinds of situations.

basically, through processes of elimination with the multimeter, you can track down to see where a bad connection/current is even if you cant see it right away.

addendum: 15 range digital multimeter at radioshack - $20 - this is a multimeter
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Mar 18, 2009,