I'm starting to get into learning alot of jazz, the problem is.... there really are no tabs available for alot of the song I want to learn and study. With single notes.. this isn't a problem as I can figure it by ear. The problem comes with trying to work out the chords. Jazz chords can get pretty complex so how do I go about working out what chords are being played??

Thanks
I have a book that has every chord there is... Maybe buy a book and noodle around untill you find a chord that sounds the same?
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Oosh.
I have a book that has every chord there is... Maybe buy a book and noodle around untill you find a chord that sounds the same?

Something like this.

IF you play around with weird chords alot, they will become familiar in sound to ur ears.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
You have to start learning to hear inner voices

Play a chord, starting simple, the basic five 7th chords, or even the triads, in close position (piano makes that easier) work through inversions. Play the chord, sing the notes in it. Get a friend to play a chord, sing the notes in it, figure out what it is. Continue adding complexity and eventually you should be able to identify things you never thought you'd be able to.
it's all if not most improvising...........just figure out what the basic notes are then embellish your own style on that.