I personally find it a challenge to listen to a guitar solo without an accompaniment, unless the guitarist is really something special. For being in the 8th grade, you've definitely got potential and are developing a solid technique - just don't become one of those clowns who shreds to impress because it's easy to get bored of. The tapping at 2:50 sounded quite nice. Haha yes funny about the crowd, they appeared out of no where. Keep at it bud!

c4c - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1099282
Yeah, I agree that solos without a backing track can get irritating. I think the biggest area you can improve in is learning to relax and not shred so much. Slow it down and make the solos more meaningful instead of playing notes as fast as you can. That's not to say the solo wasn't creative, it just was a tad shredtacular...If that's even a word.
Quote by Lettusdude
Yeah, I agree that solos without a backing track can get irritating. I think the biggest area you can improve in is learning to relax and not shred so much. Slow it down and make the solos more meaningful instead of playing notes as fast as you can. That's not to say the solo wasn't creative, it just was a tad shredtacular...If that's even a word.

The point was a shredfest kinda.
I'll be posting a slower melodic song too, don't worry.
It might just be epic.
For being in 8th grade it was impressive.

Although very, very sloppy.

Good work (:
Quote by bassmaniac101

You are amazing.

Quote by Arch1119
^^yay photoshop...you made me lol all over myself
Quote by mzhang13
The point was a shredfest kinda.
I'll be posting a slower melodic song too, don't worry.
It might just be epic.

I still say work on playing slower and cleaner before you start doing that shredfast style. Like fezrocks said, it was pretty sloppy.

I'll be honest and admit I was the same way when I was around your age though. Focus on playing clean and it'll sound much better, you have alot of potential.
Quote by Lettusdude
I still say work on playing slower and cleaner before you start doing that shredfast style. Like fezrocks said, it was pretty sloppy.

I'll be honest and admit I was the same way when I was around your age though. Focus on playing clean and it'll sound much better, you have alot of potential.

Haha, goddamn nerves...
Seriously tho, I hate to sound like I'm using my nervousness as an excuse for sloppyness but it is true.
If you look at any of my other vids I'm pretty with good with it clean execution (I think).
Uhm, not trying to be a douche here but that was very sloppy.

Don't feel too bad though, it's easy to play sloppy when you're nervous which I'm sure you were.

For what you were playing, it had no direction, no melodic areas at all, just random fast playing here and there, didn't really seem to fit into a key.
Good playing all around. Nothing overly impressive, but what can one expect from a talent show performance? You definitly have a good arsenol and playing ability for 8th grade. Just keep at it and work on making your style a bit more smooth.

PS: Did you notice that the one riff around 2:40 is basically right out of "Hallowed be Thy Name" by Iron Maiden (and Cradle of Filth)?
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.