hey basically im thinking of getting a guitar with emgs but they're open emgs (without covers) now i would like to buy some covers for them (like standard emgs) but cant find a place which sells them

could you point me in the right direction

thanks
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Ebay! Honestly.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
My emg's dont have covers. there like a one-piece pickup. so it looks as if it has covers... but its just the pickup.
check out the emg 81 and 85 to see what i mean
Quote by shav0r
Well basically sperm is alive right, so how come you don't see it move around on its own in a condom or whatever?

BLAME FACEBOOK FOR MURDERS... NOT THE MUSIC!
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
hey basically im thinking of getting a guitar with emgs but they're open emgs (without covers) now i would like to buy some covers for them (like standard emgs) but cant find a place which sells them

could you point me in the right direction

thanks

What guitar?

I've never seen an EMG without cover.
ಠ_ಠ
"open EMGs" are either "designed by" or passive.

allparts has covers that look like active EMGs.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Are you sure you're not looking at one of the ESPs with SDs?

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

Quote by mikeyElite
"open EMGs" are either "designed by" or passive.

allparts has covers that look like active EMGs.

The passive EMGs and "designed by" are all covered if I'm not mistaken.
ಠ_ಠ
Cover a pickup which is not designed with 1, could maybe inlfuence the tone, since your putting something in the magnetic field between the string and the polepieces.

Maybe with plastic covers it won't, but metal covers probably will.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
I've never seen any EMGs that are "open coil" - they are all the solid cover thing, even the passive ones that have the pole pieces.
Quote by DespisedIcon
The passive EMGs and "designed by" are all covered if I'm not mistaken.

you're right, sorry. i thought i remembered seeing low end LTD's with open coil designed by's. guess not
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I though a selling point of the EMG is that the cover is air tight and seal and that reduces feedback.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
I went to the emg website and I couldn't find a single pickup that wasn't covered. maybe that picture is old and the picks have since been replaced?

edit: it even says this in the guitar description:

The Cort VX-2V electric guitar is loaded with dual EMG-HZ humbuckers on an agressive explorer like agathis body for massive power and tone. EMG-HZ humbuckers are fully shielded and polymer encapsulated for minimum noise and a powerful sound. Equivalent in character to EMG active pickups. The VX-2V is set-off by a futuristic carbon pattern pickguard and a VX custom logo and inlay on the fretboard.

email them.

editagain: it says on an explorer body?^
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Last edited by GaijinFoot at Mar 17, 2009,
Quote by GaijinFoot
I went to the emg website and I couldn't find a single pickup that wasn't covered. maybe that picture is old and the picks have since been replaced?

edit: it even says this in the guitar description:

The Cort VX-2V electric guitar is loaded with dual EMG-HZ humbuckers on an agressive explorer like agathis body for massive power and tone. EMG-HZ humbuckers are fully shielded and polymer encapsulated for minimum noise and a powerful sound. Equivalent in character to EMG active pickups. The VX-2V is set-off by a futuristic carbon pattern pickguard and a VX custom logo and inlay on the fretboard.

email them.

editagain: it says on an explorer body?^

theres the v shape and the explorer shape

im now going to email them
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
i have guitars with EMG hz and (active) 81s and they both have covers

i've never seen an uncovered EMG. they're all supposed to be epoxy coated and unremovable. from the EMG faq:

Can I change the covers on my EMG pickups?
No. Once the epoxy is cured, the pickup covers cannot be removed without damaging the
pickup.
Main gear
  • ESP Eclipse II Standard (BK Cold Sweat)
  • ESP Horizon NT-II Standard (SD '59/JB)
  • Marshall JVM 410 Combo