Hey guys, I'm gonna install EMG's in my Schecter Tempest Custom, but I can't which ones?

EMG 81 in bridge, but theres the 81tw, with coilsplitting. But I don't want it if the dual coil mode isn't EXACTLY the same as an 81.

Same with 89, id like to coilsplit but not unless the dual coils exactly the same as the 85?

Also, hows the 60?
If you want to coil tap, why are you going with active EMGs? Put a low output humbucker in your neck and a high output passive in the bridge.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
The 60 is basically a less trebley 85 in my opinion.
Gear!
Jackson RR3 with EMGs!
B.C. Rich KKV
Yamaha F-310 Acoustic

Digitech Bad Monkey.

Peavey Valveking 112
i dont know about the coil splitting, but i find that the 60 seems to be alot more useful than the 85, the 85 has too much bass so you cant use it for heavy riffing but the 60 is inbetween that and the 81
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
Quote by shadow__666
If you want to coil tap, why are you going with active EMGs? Put a low output humbucker in your neck and a high output passive in the bridge.

It's not tht, I just dont really wanna waste the coiltap option on my guitar :P
And if the 81tw and 89 are basically as good as 81and 85 I dont see why not have the extras?

Anyone know?
Quote by prison sex
i dont know about the coil splitting, but i find that the 60 seems to be alot more useful than the 85, the 85 has too much bass so you cant use it for heavy riffing but the 60 is inbetween that and the 81

I would never use my neck pickup for heavy riffing anyway.. lol
Quote by sdmf.1919
I would never use my neck pickup for heavy riffing anyway.. lol

the 85 CAN go in the bridge

just like the other guy said, why EMG's? what amp you usin
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
60 is the best IMO for cleans in the neck

coil splitting can be useful but will you use it often?
85 is nice but in the neck the 60 pwns it
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals