Could someone compare those two speakers???? Whcih would be better for a Mesa Boogie Mark III and someone that plays Progressive Metal/Jazz Fusion????? I searched for the speaker thread but couldnt find it.
depends which version of the eminence legends.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
those are the good versions. i'd take the vader.
hmm...personally i would but i'd wait for other opinions.
I think that vintage 30s are too sharp sounding, maybe get vintage 30s and then something with a bit less sharpness for the two bottom speakers, ive never tried eminence thoe
I don't like my Mesa 2x12 that much to be honest. It's pretty cold, middy, and harsh if you don't eq your amp right. I much prefer G12T-75s or Eminence speakers. I'd go with the Legend speakers to be honest.
I personally don't like Mesa Recto cabs. If any, I like the Traditionals.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
eminence governor beats the vintage 30, it actually sounds closer to the "real" vintage 30's then the new crappy vintage 30's do
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
I don't like my Mesa 2x12 that much to be honest. It's pretty cold, middy, and harsh if you don't eq your amp right. I much prefer G12T-75s or Eminence speakers. I'd go with the Legend speakers to be honest.

It does also depend on your amp.

If your amp is on the middy and harsh side than I don't think V30's would really help, G12T-75's would probably work better, and vice versa.

No offense or anything just pointing it out.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Last edited by acdclandon at Mar 15, 2009,
yea, I hear you. older Mesas have massive mid-humps, and are pretty particular on speakers.