I'm wanting to rewire my SSS strat.

I want to wire it where i have an On-Off-On switch that then when in positin on1 it will put the bridge pup in parallel with whatever combo of pups I have already selected and in on2 it will put the bridge pup in series with whatever combo of pups I have selected. In the off position the bridge will be off. The rest of the pups will be controlled with the blade selector as normal.

I looked around and couldn't find anything on this. I'm not very good with wiring so I'm not sure how to do this or if it's even possible. Any help is appreciated and I apologize if I could've found this elsewhere, I did search through the wiring thread and the links but didn't find anything.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
just do the seven sound strat mod.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Wouldn't that just turn my bridge on in parallel though? I want to be able to have it in series also.
Yes, I basically want a bridge on, that in one position is bridge on in parallel, in the middle it's off, and in the last position it turns the bridge on and in series with whatever else is on.

All pickups are true single coils with a single lead and a single ground.
With whatever else its on at the same time with? Hm...I could do a one toggle thing where you have the option of the bridge doing series/parallel with JUST the middle pickup....or JUST the neck.

I'll have to double check on it, really. I haven't done wiring in a long time (other than my own) so I haven't done anything crazy or weird. I'm thinking of wiring it like a series/parallel switch for a humbucker.

I'm pretty sure you that if you want to get any more complex than that you either will need a super switch, or you'll need more toggles.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Mar 15, 2009,
Yeah, that's all I care about. I just want to be able to have these options

Bridge
Bridge + middle (parallel and series)
Bridge + Neck (parallel and series)
Neck
Neck + Middle.

thanks in advance.
I could live with that also, I think I only want the neck and middle in series.
Hmm, damn. I might just have to do something crazier then. I was really trying to keep it simple too...