The speakers can handle 80 watts each, yes.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
iuno much about amps and im curious, how come this amp (320 watts) is only 250 bucks while a voxad30 which is only 30 watts costs the same?

do you have to buy something extra for the ibanez amp so that you can plug your guitar in it or can you plug in your guitar straight into the ibanez?

i dont get it
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Alright so they can handle 80 Watt's each. Basically I wanted to find out how many watts these speakers are because I want to build an amp that has these specs, because I have the head that goes with it. Would I be able to install 4x12" 100Watt Speakers with 1 x 4 OHM and 1 x 16 OHM jack?

Here's the head: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-TBX150H-Tone-Blaster-Xtreme-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=480946
Quote by Wesseem
iuno much about amps and im curious, how come this amp (320 watts) is only 250 bucks while a voxad30 which is only 30 watts costs the same?

do you have to buy something extra for the ibanez amp so that you can plug your guitar in it or can you plug in your guitar straight into the ibanez?

i dont get it

the ibanez isnt an amp, its a cabinet, a cabinet is speakers. the vox is a combo map, which has an amplifier inside. to use the ibanez u need to buy an amp head.
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
Quote by Wesseem

i dont get it

You've got it wrong, that is a CABINET not an amp. It's just the speakers that project the sound.

The 320 watts is only a measure of how much the speakers can handle total, so the total wattage from the amp head is distributed evenly among the speakers. Ergo, if it was a 120w amp head with this cab, then you would be fine because there is a margin of error of 200w (no problems). If you used the Crate BV600H (600w amp head) with this cab, you would harm the amp and cab because the cab cannot handle the wattage of the head.

Your VOX is a combo amp, which contains the amp and speakers rated to work with each. It's fine.

TS, you're planning to build an amp but you're buying the Ibanez amp head...? AND you're replacing the speakers of the cab?

Thanks a bunch dudey5691 and AC/DC. it all makes sense now
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
You dont get much of a new cab for 249$. The spider and MG cabs are more money and we all know how good they are. A decent 2x12 cab with good speakers is more than the ibanez cab.
My local Sam Ash had a sale recently, came with a Toneblaster head and that same exact cab, all for $50.
Not worth it.