WOW!!! Very good price on a Marshall tube half-stack. Never thought I would see the day.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
yeah... just looks like a dsl to me, with a cheap cab
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
I dont like this, they're making the JCM2000 range look cheap and lowering it further from the other JCM's
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
It's basically an MG cab with Marshall designed Celestions.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by dudey5691
For the same price, you could get a used DSL, a better cab, and some new tubes...
There's still probably better new for the price, as well.

I applaud Marshall on their attempt to somewhat get closer to the "budget-minded new amp buyers".... it is still a good ways off, though.

Agreed.

Well said.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by xander307
I dont like this, they're making the JCM2000 range look cheap and lowering it further from the other JCM's

i sort of agree to this, if theyr gonna start a cheap series of decent tube amps, they shouldnt give it the JCM name, nao dats just wraong
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Why^? All it does is bruise the egos of people who own the higher grade JCMs.
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Mar 15, 2009,
^That it does... But they probably cheaped out somewhere on these newer models...
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Last edited by BlackIce87 at Mar 15, 2009,
AVTs are hybrid and not an awful lot better than MGs, although they are better for sure.

Anyway, this looks interesting. I've been a long time fan of the JCM2000s, good to see they might be returning.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
whats the difference between a JCM2000 & a JCM800 or a JCM900
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Last edited by ShredGod George at Mar 15, 2009,
I don't know all the technical differences, but tonally:
- The JCM800 is the go-to amp for the crunch tone you hear on so many records from the 80s in particular. Almost all of those are JCM800. It has a fair amount of gain, but without any boost probably not more than early Bay Area thrash. Some 800s are single channel, others 2 channel.
- The JCM2000s are all 2 channel. Basically these amps don't have that Marshall crunch, but they do all have good cleans and a lot of gain. They seem to the the go-to amp for a lot of modern punk/hardcore bands. I know Ray Toro and Frank Iero from My Chemical Romance both use them.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
800 was made in the 80s and has that 80's rock thing going for it the 900 was modern voiced with gobs of gain and was made in the 90s and the 2000's were made in 2000's and has several voicings on the different channels and modes that basically recreates older marshalls jcm800 plexi etc...I will argue the marshall crunch thing as I get a pretty good one from mine...
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
Last edited by BlackIce87 at Mar 15, 2009,