hi, i have an epiphone les paul standard and whenever i play a note it gets more intense the higher the fret, I get a note stutter like do do do dooooo, and after 1 second of strumming the note rings but not for long . it can be heard when not plugged in (kinda hard to here) but when plugged in it is not as intense on the treble but on the middle and rythm pickup switches its easy to be heard. I know it is not the electronics, I had my guitar tech rewire the whole guitar and get new pickups and it still does it, the saddles seem to be fine but i did order a new one for free just to see if it works, i think it may be my nut thought (see pictures) they may be too deep or wide? My intonation is fine and my neck has been checked for high frets. Nothing is vibrating (ive put a cushion around the pickups) ive held every part of the body down and it still does it. My action is fine (higher than most les pauls). Just let me know what you think the problem is.

Last edited by stevo9720 at Mar 15, 2009,
There's no strings on your guitar. That might be your problem.

:p

Seriously though; are the frets level and even higher up the fretboard?
Pickup location maybe?
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Like I said the lets are leveled and the fretboard seems to be fine...changing the pickups heigh doesnt do anything for me
its gotta be the frets, look closley at them see in theres a groove or indent in the metal.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
I dont think its the frets. They arent THAT high to do this, and only on the Bridge pickup? Not on both or just the neck. Plus, he said he has high action.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
it may be the amp,

check the resistance of the pickups for your model,
and the pot's..

but all most probable it's the amps fault =]

also, remember the frets must be always even and inline
no you can hear it very well on the neck pickup and middle and a little bit on the bridge (sorry if i mixed that up) does my nut look normal (yeah that sounded wierD)
Like i said you can hear it when not plugged in, not the electronics then plus ive tried it on 5 different amps and ive tried 4 different cables still the same