For my next guitar i'm looking to get one of these. Are they good for rythym? If it matters I mostly cover Beatles/ Grateful Dead.
make sure you try a few out until you find one you really connect with. not all MIM strats are made equal. also down the line you may want to change the pickups
They're definatly great for feel, sounds good too, but if its not quite what your after change a pickup, makes a huge difference
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
yeh they're good for that.

but spell it properly next time eh, ''STANDARD''
Quote by Dempsey68
yeh they're good for that.

but spell it properly next time eh, ''STANDARD''

I feel like an idiot , Anyway when I do get my STANDARD Strat how do I change my pickups?
You take off your scratchplate and unscrew the said pickup from the scratchplate, in most cases you'll just solder the new pickup the same way the old one has been soldered, unless your using something special like a lace sensor, which i would reccommend by the way
My Gear

Quote by xander307
You take off your scratchplate and unscrew the said pickup from the scratchplate, in most cases you'll just solder the new pickup the same way the old one has been soldered, unless your using something special like a lace sensor, which i would reccommend by the way

what's a lace sensor for, better clean? crunch? heavy gain ?
Quote by xander307

ooh i love lace sensors. i have a set of them in my mim strat and they sound great (not that i use it much anymore, not that it's bad or anything i just now have much better guitars)
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Quote by Darkflame
what's a lace sensor for, better clean? crunch? heavy gain ?

Well theres different types named after colours, just like pokemon games!
heres a few

GOLD 5.8K
SILVER 7.1K
BLUE 12.8K
RED 14.5K

the higher the winding the better it is for gain, the worse it is for clean, all of them have incredible sustain, they sound more like humbuckers than single coils to be honest
My Gear

yah MIMs are really nice. Sux they whent up in price by like 100 dollars. I wanted to get a tele MIM
MIM strats are decent guitars just make sure you get it from a good shop and it is properly setup.