And by emg pickups, i mean 81-60 or 81-85 pickups. Either is fine with me. I hope to get a new guitar this weekend, but don't want to spend like 800 bucks for a guitar or anything. I play metal and rock mainly, Hence why I like the emg pickups. So best guitar with EMG pickups for like 500 or 600 bucks?
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
ESP LTD. Pick your favorite.

I was lookin into the Ex, my only question, is it hard to play sitting down or standing?
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
ESP LTD. Pick your favorite.

agreed.

Quote by dwmacfar2
I was lookin into the Ex, my only question, is it hard to play sitting down or standing?

nope and nope. just a little weird in the elbow/forearm area.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I play an RR3 and I often play on my friends's Strats and Les Pauls. Switching between shapes is no big deal, they're all the same standing up and yes, I do play strats in classical position.
i have the white EX-400 and its a dream to play!!! its a bit neck heavy standing but ill just presume ull be holding the neck while playing so it will be fine!! it is a great guitar and ull find it really cheap even on ebay! im sure theres one on it now for like 400 dollars!
Quote by Pac_man0123
Uhh i'm gonna have to say you should get a tube amp before even considering getting EMG pickups...

I know, I need a new amp, but I'd enjoy the new guitar to fit my style. I know, sounds stupid, but the guitar is my first priority right now... Hopefully I'll make enough money to get a nice CHEAP (I don't have much money to spend...) on a tube amp, Any recommendations on the tube amp? and I'm still taking them for the guitar. I was looking at the ltd ex-401...

edit: I really like my peavey, so i trust peavey a lot, so if you can give me a good cheap peavey tube amp to look into... I was looking at the valveking...
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
Last edited by dwmacfar2 at Mar 15, 2009,
Quote by dwmacfar2
I know, I need a new amp, but I'd enjoy the new guitar to fit my style. I know, sounds stupid, but the guitar is my first priority right now... Hopefully I'll make enough money to get a nice CHEAP (I don't have much money to spend...) on a tube amp, Any recommendations on the tube amp? and I'm still taking them for the guitar. I was looking at the ltd ex-401...

edit: I really like my peavey, so i trust peavey a lot, so if you can give me a good cheap peavey tube amp to look into... I was looking at the valveking...

the thing is that way more tone comes from your amp than the guitar. and to really get a huge difference from nice pickups and a good guitar you need a good amp.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
Quote by dwmacfar2

I don't really like the VK, and EMGs with a SS amp are pointless.
Quote by ch0

Hadn't seen that, looks nice, Is it easy to play standing up and sitting down? I like the specs though...
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
Last edited by dwmacfar2 at Mar 15, 2009,
Quote by Pac_man0123
I don't really like the VK, and EMGs with a SS amp are pointless.

well are there any peavey tube amps you like that arent overly expansive?
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
Quote by dwmacfar2

You really don't understand the point of EMG pickups though.
They're high output. The whole point of a high output though, is to drive a valve preamp stage harder. If you overload a transistor such as the one in the preamp of your peavey it will just clip very harshly and unmusically, which will sound awful.
As for an amp, you should look at a Bugera or a B-52 if you want to play metal. A Valveking is a nice amp but to get decent metal tone out of it you have to throw an extra $120 into it and all of a sudden it doesn't look quite so good in terms of value for money.
Quote by dwmacfar2
well are there any peavey tube amps you like that arent overly expansive?

I have a vypyr. It isn't a tube amp but i love it.. wouldn't use EMGs thru it tho.

If i were you i'd try to look for a used 5150/6505 or triple XXX combo. Both tend to go for around $550.
Alright, so first thing first is an amp i guess...It'll be more important for my tone anyways. For the price and the specs, i'm really liking the B-52 AT-112. It's 60 watt, which is more than I need now, but who knows for the future. And I like the specs...
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
Quote by dwmacfar2
Alright, so first thing first is an amp i guess...It'll be more important for my tone anyways. For the price and the specs, i'm really liking the B-52 AT-112. It's 60 watt, which is more than I need now, but who knows for the future. And I like the specs...

The AT-112 is nice. Not a ton of built-in gain.. i used my distortion pedal in front of it on the clean channel and it sounded good. However mine buzzed rather audibly on the clean channel so i returned it.