hey guys im looking into buying a Ceriatone Bluesbreaker amp, and to get that true Cream tone you need to run the amp flat out on everything, but so as not to be killed by my family and such im looking for a good attenuator to bring the volume back down to a reasonably level without loosing any tonal properties. So i was wondering if any of you guys could give me a few suggestions on attenuators.
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
keep in mind, attenuators are not support to be used and also give not the best results if you just crank everything and than bring down the volume to bedroom level.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
awesome thanks for the suggestions guys, one more question though, where can you buy weber mass attenuators?
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
also, make sure you get more wattage than you need for your attenuator.

Say your amp is 100 Watts, get a 150-200 watt attenuator
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
For the amp you're getting, re-amping would likely work much better. Have Nik put a line out feature on the back of your Bluesbreaker, then you can connect to the attenuator & set the attenuator for load only. Crank up the amp & use your amp's line out to run into a small power amp to drive teh cab. Power amp regulates overall volume. Then you get fully cranked tone at any volume down to a whisper. Costs a bit more, but small power amps are cheap. Zero tone loss. Me & Kevin Saale run these types of rigs, & they do work incredibly well. EVH did most of his early records using that setup.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
^Just what I was gonna recommend. Works wonders. I went from an attenuator to reamping and there is a major difference, especially at those lower bedroom volumes where attenuators do a fantastic job of killing your tone and stomping on its guts.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I would recommend just the stock JTM45 and put it into a bluesbreaker combo cabinet rather than the JTM45 tremolo. Imo the Bluesbreaker's tremolo is useless and doesn't really sound that great, I'd personally rather have that extra gain of the stock circuit.

But if you really want that Eric Clapton Beano tone, you can't find a better amp than a JTM45/Bluesbreaker, it nails it so perfectly that it's almost scary. Normal channel, volume on 7 or so and it sounds just like the record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfJfyltNUdA&feature=channel_page

Amazing amp.
Last edited by al112987 at Mar 15, 2009,
@riffhog and Kevin Sasle:
Thanks guy for giving me the idea to do that just after I sold my JCM Could one of you make a video about how to do that and we stick it in the Stickys? Just in case I will ever get a tube again and for other to know to. cause it seems pretty need.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2