I really Like The Sunburst one. I wnt to play many genres, from Eric Clapton stuff, To Linkin Park, to some Chiodos, and Avenged Sevenfold. Ive been playing and taking lessons on an acoustic for about a month.. I am using my dad's Ovation Applause Summit Series Acoustic.. I wanna switch to an Electric..I went to Guitar Center today and fell in "love" with the HSS strat.. Its new for $449.99... I 'tried' to play some stuff, and sounded awesome.. My dad said that he will get it as long as I show him that I practice, practice, practice, and put everything I learn from my instructor to "heart".. Then He will get me it. Is it a good guitar for the price?? Also, There are two amps that I like, the Line 6 Spider 15 WATT, and the Peavey Viper 15 Watt... which is better?? Also, any other Advice is Appreciated,.. Thanks.. BTW, Im 14 yrs old.

- Guitar Newbie Dude.
pretty decent guitar. that ovation is good too. as far as amps go, i highly suggest against the spider. if you like the peavey go for it. personally, i would get a nice little tube amp with nice cleans and a distortion pedal, but that's preference.
I like the spider better. Fender HSS Strats are really nice. It might be a little hard to get an avenged sevenfold tone on it, but it would do fine with Linkin Park and Eric Clapton.
You should convince him to get you a used MIM Deluxe Strat or a MIJ Strat instead, better value.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
The MIM strats are great guitars. Try to look for one used, too. I personally prefer a humbucker in the neck position but that's just me.

I also despise the spider 3 amps. I have a vypyr 15 and it was the best $100 i've ever spent. When i go to my friend's house his spider 3 rapes my ears with it's bad tone. The spider 3 is also not versatile at all and what it does best it doesn't do very well.
get the strat, great guitar for the price, and get the peavey, line 6 sucks.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
I got a HSS MIM Strat as my first guitar, versatile as hell.

Would fully recommend one

Mah Gear
Jackson DK2M -- Washburn X50 ProQ -- Epihone Les Paul Standard
Mesa Boogie 3-Channel Dual Rectifier w/ 2 x 12 Mesa Recto Cab & Peavey 5150 4x12 Cab
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss ME-70

Quote by Fenderhippie69
get the strat, great guitar for the price, and get the peavey, line 6 sucks.

^=idiot

When will people not degrade the whole brand because of one product line...
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX