Which pedal is better for blues rock and classic rock?
Also how do two overdrive pedals sound stacked
and how does a distortion pedal combined with the overdrive pedal sound?

I don't know if I should get the Danelectro Wasabi Distortion or Overdrive pedal
I just want some low gain distortion and smooth overdriven sound. Like Stevie Ray Vaughan and other various blues artists.

I already have a Boss SD-1 right now which I will start to use once I get a better amp. It sounds like crap with my SS amp (Kustom Dart '66)
If I combine it with either of the Wasabi pedals what order should I use...?

Thanks for the help.
probably overdrive for what you want.

i haven't tried those dano pedals, sorry.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would say OD, but since you have a SS amp I would have to say distortion.

Any way you can get a tube amp? I'm not an expert on his tone, but I know SRV used a TS808 into some kind of Fender amp.

If you can't get a tube amp, the best suggestion I have is to get a Digitech Screamin' Blues and set the OD/DIstortion mix to midway between distortion and a perfect mix of distortion and OD.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
I would say OD, but since you have a SS amp I would have to say distortion.

Any way you can get a tube amp? I'm not an expert on his tone, but I know SRV used a TS808 into some kind of Fender amp.

If you can't get a tube amp, the best suggestion I have is to get a Digitech Screamin' Blues and set the OD/DIstortion mix to midway between distortion and a perfect mix of distortion and OD.

You can use an OD pedal with a SS amp, no problem. It's still going to be better for blues than a Distortion pedal.

SRV used a TS-9 mainly.
yeah, i'd probably go with a high-ish gain overdrive- you wouldn't really want a subtle, pseudo-clean boost style one for a SS amp, i'd have thought.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Overdrive definately for those genres
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Get a tube amp first, if you don't need crazy amounts of volume try to get a 5w tube amp, like the fender champ 600, the blackheart little giant (this one is more gainy), the epi valve jr, I think gretsch also makes one, I got a blackheart 5w head that I plug into a 4*10 and for working on material at home you can get real nice tone out of a small inexpensive amp, I paid 180 $ CAN for a used one.

That alone would handle any tone for you, given an OD pedal, you just crank it all the way up, then control the dynamics with your guitar's master volume, you can go from clean to greasy bliss that way, add an overdrive and you can nail anything screamingful.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
««SRV used a TS-9 mainly»»

Don't speak if you don't know what you're talking about, what srv used were the first overdrive units produced under the ibanez brandname, so-called ts-808 (ts-9 didn't even exist), that he got modded to nail his true distinct overdriven tone (also given he used sick amps to go par with), and he used two, the first to fatten his signal and the other to make the first really scream. Nowadays the factory that runned the debut ibanez production is under the maxon name, try a maxon 808 you won't be disappointed.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Quote by Gäbe
««SRV used a TS-9 mainly»»

Don't speak if you don't know what you're talking about, what srv used were the first overdrive units produced under the ibanez brandname, so-called ts-808 (ts-9 didn't even exist), that he got modded to nail his true distinct overdriven tone (also given he used sick amps to go par with), and he used two, the first to fatten his signal and the other to make the first really scream. Nowadays the factory that runned the debut ibanez production is under the maxon name, try a maxon 808 you won't be disappointed.

Bull****.

He did use a TS 808 early in his career, but he used a TS-9 a lot. Trust me on this one.
hey i got a hybrid amp, Fender Super Champ XD
it arrived yesterday. My SD-1 pedal sounds decent on channel one
channel two not so much especially on the overdriven voicings, but
they don't really need it.
I'm getting my Danelectro Wasabi Distortion pedal today
so I'll how that sounds.