two years ago i bought a squier strat for $279. i thought i wasnt such a bad deal, but today i went to the same music store and saw squier strats for $199. what make me feel even worse is that they were selling a fender strat with a humbucker (hss) for only $70 more than my squier. so people of ultimate guitar, please tell me, did i get ripped off? is this a common mistake with new guitarists, or as i just a stupid shopper?
You got ripped off big time, unless it came with an amp of some sort...
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
it is common.
███████████████████████████████████
Last edited by tona_107 at Mar 15, 2009,
sucks....its ok tho i mean its not like you noticed then so yeah money is money....its comes back.
Wow that sucks alot. Well, there was a defect in my bridge and the guy of the store doesn't want to cover it. I got screwed too.
I'M BACK IN THE SADDLE
Quote by djk55
Wow that sucks alot. Well, there was a defect in my bridge and the guy of the store doesn't want to cover it. I got screwed too.

You deserved it if your fav bands are Korn, dragon force and disturbed
Quote by darkcheef

-------

That is a heafty price for a squire though.
I don't really think you got screwed too bad... yeah, maybe today you could go find one for like $70-100 less, but who cares... it's been two years. Whats $100 to you after this long? Yu have a guitar, be happy. It was probably what they were going for at the time anyway and the price has just changed.
"When sh*t becomes valuable, the poor will be born without assholes."
Quote by darkcheef

Thats nice of you...Disturbed is one of the best bands from this decade anyways...And music is opinionated. Maybe I hate the music you like (I doubt it but still)
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
Quote by darkcheef

You did deserve it lol.

How much would you say a used squier strat would be worth at a pawn shop or ect? I might want to sell mine and get a better guitar. Its got some paint chipped, but its still all in working order.
How much would you say one would fetch?
Quote by dwmacfar2
You got ripped off big time, unless it came with an amp of some sort...

um... it has a nice pearloid pickguard and inlays?

dammit, i ****ing hate music & arts center!!
Quote by dwmacfar2
Thats nice of you...Disturbed is one of the best bands from this decade anyways...And music is opinionated. Maybe I hate the music you like (I doubt it but still)

just ask RATM
Quote by darkcheef

thank you, darkcheef, for making my day a little brighter, and a little cheefier.

and that wasn't worth $280
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by dwmacfar2

for a squire brand new just the guitar cost 100$ so at a pawn shop you can get maybe 50$.. as for the guy who wrote this thread yea you got ripped off
Are the Squier strats in the shop the exact same same as yours?

Also, if you like the guitar, who cares if you payed a bit too much.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by darkcheef

There's nothing wrong with Korn or Disturbed.
Dragonforce, I'll give you lol, they do suck.

Anyway, unless it's a Classic Vibe, which has already been said lol, you've been screwed.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Quote by Rhoads_1096
unless it was a classic vibe you got screwed

this

/thread

edit: damn didn't see the last post, oh well all the same
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Last edited by edbert at Mar 15, 2009,
Quote by elmo33
But what kind of squier strat? Was it the standard, or another model?

yes, it says standard series on the headstock. but if it actually matters, the pickguard and inlays are pearloid.
just think, it could be worse, my local guitar store used to sell squire strats for 399, now its even more, its some retarded old guy who rips people off.
Quote by fender1618
just think, it could be worse, my local guitar store used to sell squire strats for 399, now its even more, its some retarded old guy who rips people off.

Thats a very high price.
Unless it is a special model 'Standard' you may have paid too much! Or it didn't come with a small amp....

You probably saw an 'Affinity' model recently because they are going for ~ $199 with 'Standard' models going from ~ $239-279....

A few years back, 'Affinity' model were going for ~ $149 with 'Standard' models going for $199....

For that price you could have picked up a used Peavey USA model! Remember, you can always change the Pup's to get your tone....

McQ